Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I Finally Got a Picture of a Bear!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-finally-got-picture-bear-t46565.html)

marsye 05-21-2010 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
He's looking right at you Marsye :shock: Hope he likes having his picture taken. Was he close to your home?

Just a few miles but we've had them in the neighborhood many times. There is a 55 mile scenic drive across the mountain top and we see them up there alot but first time I was able to get a picture. We go up there alot. If anyone lives near SW Arkansas or SE Oklahoma take the Talimena Scenic drive! Its worth it! You will mostly likely see bears very early mornings or late in the evening.

marsye 05-21-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Well, Marsye if you wanted a picture of a bear why didn't you say so? There's lots of them where I live and I could of sent you a picture. My dad's whole family is lives around here. Our last name is Bear. LOL LOL LOL Well, mine isn't anymore since I got married but it used to be.

Are you a black bear or a big ole mad grizzly? ;)

marsye 05-21-2010 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
That's plain scary!!! We had a momma and her 2 cubs at the bottom of our driveway last year and I'm still nervous about going outside by myself!!! :shock: Always looking around and, of course, when you're outside and looking for this you have the birds and chipmunks running around in the woods making all of this noise in the leaves!! It is NOT possible that they are more scared of me than I am of them!! :lol: :lol: Not possible!!

Last year we were on the drive and came upon a big bear on the right shoulder of the road, it just stood there looking at us. :shock: I told hubs something is wrong because its not running. So then it dawned on me it must have cubs....so I looked to the left side of the road and sure nuf there were 2 tiny adorable cubs!! We just sat there in the middle of the road perfectly still. Mama bear walked about 5 feet in front of the van and give us one mean look!!! She stayed between us and the cubs until they took their sweet time and went back into the woods. Talk about a protective mama!!! :lol: I could have had some great pictures but didn't have my camera!!! :(

dsb38327 05-21-2010 05:04 AM

I'll just keep my little squirrels, blue birds, red birds, wrens, etc. But you enjoy them thare bars!

Pam 05-21-2010 05:30 AM

That is so cool Marsye! We get deer all of the time and of course all of the other smaller assorted critters, coyote, opossom, racoon, beaver, ect.

There is a LOT of talk about mountain lions in the area, farmers say they see them when they are out in the fields. I even named one of our dogs Puma after a big, strong dog came us missing one day....

raptureready 05-21-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by raptureready
Well, Marsye if you wanted a picture of a bear why didn't you say so? There's lots of them where I live and I could of sent you a picture. My dad's whole family is lives around here. Our last name is Bear. LOL LOL LOL Well, mine isn't anymore since I got married but it used to be.

Are you a black bear or a big ole mad grizzly? ;)

Why, I'm a Honey Bear and seldom ever mad. However, when I do get mad I'm more Grizzly than anything else. LOL

marsye 05-21-2010 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Why, I'm a Honey Bear and seldom ever mad. However, when I do get mad I'm more Grizzly than anything else. LOL

Yeah right!! :lol:

Marjpf 05-21-2010 03:06 PM

Great picture and quite close enough. We've seen only one bear in the mountains in California. They are very impressive animals. Maybe you should get a camera with a zoom lens so you can keep your distance.

littlehud 05-21-2010 03:07 PM

Is that your backyard. Yikes.

beachlady 05-21-2010 03:07 PM

Lots of black bears in Maine, but luckily I have not seen any!!!