Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I gotta show off my furry son (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-gotta-show-off-my-furry-son-t182221.html)

Kathy T. 03-10-2012 07:22 AM

I'm so glad you and your gorgeous Leo found each other in time. Thank you for choosing to rescue.

alwayslearning 03-10-2012 08:38 AM

What a sweet looking pooch! Thanks for adopting! They are the best!

aorlflood 03-10-2012 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats on your beautiful new furbaby! ADORABLE! How could you NOT fall in love? :)

Just 3 days ago we had to put to rest our fur-child...a 12 1/2 year old Boston Terrier that we had raised from 6 wks. of age. She had developed a brain tumor. :( We are still grieving but the house is just too quiet now and we are seriously considering getting another furbaby very soon, rather than waiting.

The grave is still fresh in the back yard and we have ordered a rose bush called "Elegant Lady" to plant on the grave since her name was Lady. :)

Sienna's GiGi 03-10-2012 12:31 PM

That Leo is ggorgeous!

SouthPStitches 03-10-2012 02:09 PM

A match made in heaven.

quilter1 03-10-2012 04:13 PM

He looks so thoughtful. Greetings from my 3 Goldens, Jonah, Sam and Anna.

Wanabee Quiltin 03-10-2012 04:40 PM

What a cutie ! Aren't you lucky to have him and isn't he lucky to have you ???

burchquilts 03-10-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 5045898)
What a great combination! I hope he doesn't have too much of the stubborness of the Bassett. Although stubborn, very sweet. Labs are sweet and smart. He is so cute. Good fortune to you all!

Funny you should mention that. He goes to puppy school & his "teacher" raises various kinds of hounds. She mentioned their notorious stubbornness & he has a bit of it. He's really smart... when he wants to be... LOL! His
personality is more hound than retriever, tho he is sweet & smart. He's not into balls or any kind of fetching, tho. I'm not sure how much of his behavior is just youthful exuberance & how much will stay. But we really can't complain. He's friendly, loving, affectionate, gentle... just a doll baby... no chewing stuff up, no biting, no bad stuff. Can you tell I ADORE him?

burchquilts 03-10-2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by pastorpatti04 (Post 5045920)
What a sweet pup. He looks soft. Gotta love em. Blessings

He is super soft. His ears feel like velvet!

burchquilts 03-10-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5046205)
I am so glad you found each other. Another dog will help ease the pain of losing one, just keep getting another, that is what I do. When the time comes to cross the rainbow bridge me and all my pets will fill it up, I have lost so many cats and dogs over the years.
He is a cutie and looks so serene.

Oh, the Rainbow Bridge just kills me, doesn't it you? I have a copy of that poem in a frame with a picture of my Yankee.