Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I had to rescue my rotary cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-had-rescue-my-rotary-cutter-t143429.html)

Tink's Mom 08-07-2011 01:46 PM

This afternoon I went down to the basement, kinda curious of what my husband was doing...
We had flooded a couple of weeks ago and our finished basement was a mess...I have replaced the rugs with a couple of bound rugs. The 1 had to be trimmed for the doorway to the bathroom.
I came down the stairs to see my husband on his knees and my rotary cutter laying on the floor next to him...fortunately he didn't know how to "activate" the blade (his word).
He just wanted to cut the carpeting with it :shock: :shock: :shock: I grabbed it and went back upstairs....he wasn't happy. Had to use a single edged razor.
Neither was I.

bj 08-07-2011 01:49 PM

Maybe he heard about all the quilters raiding harbor freight and snapping up the carpet cutter blades! :-D :-D He just wanted to affirm they could also be used for carpet! :-D :-D

feline fanatic 08-07-2011 01:50 PM

Well, has your DH been going to Harbor Freight? They sell a rotary carpet cutter, the blades for them even fit our rotory cutters. So ya can't really blame him for trying to use yours! Especially if you have been buying those HF blades!! :D

Jan in VA 08-07-2011 01:52 PM

Bread and water for dinner in the dog house for the next 3 days! The very nerve! :-D

Jan in VA

alikat110 08-07-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Bread and water for dinner in the dog house for the next 3 days! The very nerve! :-D

Jan in VA

Agreed. Must exact punishment....other wise, he may re offend!

lovingmama 08-07-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110

Jan in VA

Agreed. Must exact punishment....other wise, he may re offend!

:thumbup: He won't forget! Quilting supplies is not to be touched!

leatheflea 08-07-2011 02:14 PM

OH SHAMEY SHAMEY! IN THE DOGHOUSE FOR YOU!

Furza Flyin 08-07-2011 02:18 PM

LOL. I started reading this to my DH and he stopped me and said "oh no he didn't grab her cutter...is he still alive?" Giggle. My DDs even tell their friends when they come in house. Dont touch Mom's scissors or rulers or cutters. EVER! I bet even Tink knows better than to even sniff them. :)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-07-2011 02:19 PM

Jan in VA

Hahahahahahahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glassquilt 08-07-2011 03:37 PM

Definitely a no-no. Glad you walked in before he figured it out.

If mine had 'activated' it, it would have become his personal cutter - after an explosive tirade from me. Wouldn't happen because yellow-headed quilting pins mysteriously showed up in his workshop five years ago. That upset me enough to impress him not to borrow again.

I would have looked on it as an opportunity to go shopping for another cutter.