Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have a Confession to make.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-confession-make-t268359.html)

Stitchit123 08-05-2015 03:14 AM

My father will be 90 on 9/12 I am over there several times a week to take him shopping and do a few chores.I was saying to him that it seems like the Dust Bunnies are putting in a lot of over time at both of our houses.The next day I went back over to cut his grass and he says -in his best Elmer Fudd voice-I set some traps and I didn't catch none of them Dust Bunnies.

Yooper32 08-05-2015 04:59 AM

Thanks for a glorious "morning laugh".

Onebyone 08-05-2015 06:03 AM

It was dusk and I saw a belt one of the kids must have left outside. I was grumbling to myself about why one of them would have left it there. I reached down to get it and it took off. It was a snake. Scared the dickens out of me.

susie-susie-susie 08-05-2015 08:05 AM

A couple of years ago my daughters and grandchildren took a trip to upper Michigan. We noticed a "dead leaf" on the floor by the door wall. One of the girls started to pick it up and it was a BAT, and it wasn't dead. Lucky for us we were leaving that morning. When we told the ladies at the desk, they just said OK. We had put a towel over it and didn't want the cleaning lady to have a heart attack. I guess they are very plentiful in upper Michigan. Don't know why he wasn't sleeping since it was day light.
Sue

mojo11 08-05-2015 08:36 AM

LOL! I have done the same thing.

IBQUILTIN 08-05-2015 12:31 PM

I have killed a lot of dust bunnies. When I first get up in the morning I don't always put my glasses on. Last thing I did bad was to take a swipe at a streak in the bathroom sink that turned out to be a snake. I guess you know my Dragonslayer was being called right away. I just thought it was a streak from someones hands.

Mimiqwerty 08-05-2015 02:31 PM

We've been doing some remodeling and moving stuff out of the basement when a wee field mouse decided to take up residence in our family room. My cats decided to tag team it made short work of the critter. That was fine, but then they decided to "share" their prize with me. DH disposed of it. So far the kitties have "found" four mice in our house. I love pets who earn their keep :p. We have found where the mice were getting in and closed it. So far, so good, but the cats keep looking. They think I have given them new toys to play with since they are indoor only cats.

DivaDee 08-05-2015 07:47 PM

I still laugh when I think of my daughter, who was about 4 at the time, chasing her dad around the back yard with a bull snake that was about 3 feet long. He was screaming for me to stop her and all I could do was stand and laugh. Probably scared the poor snake to death.

Tiggersmom 08-05-2015 08:39 PM

I was watering at dusk a few years ago on the house next to our drive way when I noticed a huge man size hand hole about 3 feet up.....I was flabbergasted, who would put a hole in our house until I accidentally hit it with the water and it crawled up the wall! I threw the hose down and ran inside. Yes, a big hairy spider. I finally decided I had to go outside and turn the water off which much to my relief was away from the scary thing.

moonrise 08-05-2015 10:33 PM

I played a joke on my DH last weekend. We've been re-doing our flower bed, and he was stooped over, pulling out a old root. I waited for the perfect moment, then suddenly yelled "SNAKE!!!!", pointing to where he was working. He jumped about 3' off the ground. The whole subdivision probably heard me laughing. :D

(It's rare that I play practical jokes, but when I do, look out! :thumbup: )