Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have a wedding coming up !!! Wahoo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-wedding-coming-up-wahoo-t243773.html)

mrsmacka 03-23-2014 02:23 PM

I have a wedding coming up !!! Wahoo

My youngest daughter is getting married this Saturday. I am sooo excited !! The first of my children's marriages. They have arranged it all since they set the date in January. I feel for her partner as she has sort of turned into a Bridezilla, she is also a perfectionist & a bit OCD ( won't touch railing in public places). They have been together & madly in love for 9 years with a 7 year old daughter who is the light in their lives. I am hoping for a beautiful day. Plenty of his wheel chair mates will be there as well as able bodied people so I am guaranteed a very fun night as these wheelies a really wild !!!
Sadly my Mum has left us so won't be there ( in spirit I guess) my husband ( her Dad) won't be there as he has also left us but I am so sure he will be there in spirit to watch his baby girl marry. She has given orders that I am not allowed to cry as I walk her down the aisle or she will sit me in the first available chair. SIL has suggested that I maybe should not look at him as he will be a mess. I have never been to a wedding where I didn't cry in my life

scisyb220 03-23-2014 02:31 PM

Just SMILE, SMILE, SMILE and you won't think to cry! Just keep your mind on the joy and how wonderful it is that they are going to be wed! And: congratulations!!

mrsmacka 03-23-2014 03:53 PM

All that joy stuff is what makes me cry Scisyb 220 LOL. It will be sad not having my hubby there to do the walking down the aisle. We still miss him after 12 years, but i guess that's how it should be. Births, deaths, & marriages has always made me cry--- Guess I'm just a sook

DOTTYMO 03-24-2014 07:23 AM

If you are a crier you will cry. I am not no matter what happens wedding funerals etc, people think I have no feelings which is not true. I just don't show in public I do admire people who show their emotions just do it
Have at wonderful time and take a lovely lace hankie.

willferg 03-24-2014 07:28 AM

Tears of joy are a perfectly good thing! Don't worry and enjoy yourself. Best wishes to the happy couple!

cjr 03-24-2014 08:38 AM

When my sons got married they bet when I would cry. Tears of joy.

Onebyone 03-24-2014 09:42 AM

Congratulations and blessings to the couple! I know you are thrilled. I have two daughters so I know the wedding routine. LOL My oldest wanted a wedding with all the trimmings. When my youngest got engaged, she opted for a check instead of a wedding. Said she went through all that with her sister's wedding, give her the money. LOL. They put a down payment on a house and still living in it.

c joyce 03-25-2014 05:16 AM

Congratulations! Not cry at weddings!!!who ever heard of such a thing? My husband is one of those old-fashioned gentlemen who carries a cloth handkerchief and he always carries an extra to a wedding for me.

mrsmacka 03-28-2014 03:03 AM

Can't wait to see this one. SIL has written his own vows 1 paragraph & she made him read it out ---- he broke down 1/2 way through, so this should be fun, both of us will be a mess LOL. I am very teary tonight so I guess I'll be worse tomorrow. LOL

mrsmacka 04-03-2014 02:21 AM

wedding over & I didn't cry ---- well much anyway