Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I just want to sew something (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-just-want-sew-something-t136640.html)

scraphq 07-10-2011 02:58 PM

It's Sunday, a day of rest. Have lots to do but sat and handquilted after church. A fun thing! Can do real work tomorrow.

luvTooQuilt 07-10-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dotha
There is so much to do and I just want to go sew something. I need to do yard work, iron, housework, sort through my recently deceased mother's things...and here I sit. My head is not very clear. I need a maid! Wouldn't it be so nice if we could just twitch our nose like Samatha did on Bewitched? That is my dream. haha

Ditto!!! Wheres my fairy godmother when I need her???

CloverPatch 07-10-2011 03:04 PM

I was a maid. I did enjoy it, it is funny how people will clean up knowing your coming over that day. Funny, how they would hire me then do things I was supposed to do.
As much as I liked it. I hated cleaning my own house, I never scrubbed my bathtub!
Now though, I can't help but look at base boards! they drive me nuts, little shelves of dirt.
Sorry didn't mean to go on a ramble here, it just brought back memories.
Don't know what I would do if I had my own maid. I would have nothing to do all day!

Lucky Lady 07-10-2011 03:07 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I think about it all the time but there are always so many other things that need to be done! I am not very good at scheduling my time.

SharBear 07-10-2011 03:21 PM

Use the Fly Lady method. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get one of your "to do's" done. Then reward yourself with 30 minutes of sewing - but you have to use the timer for that too!! 15 / 30 /15 /30 - next thing you know - much of what was cluttering you up will be done and you'll have had guilt free sewing time!

crafty gal 07-10-2011 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by SharBear
Use the Fly Lady method. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get one of your "to do's" done. Then reward yourself with 30 minutes of sewing - but you have to use the timer for that too!! 15 / 30 /15 /30 - next thing you know - much of what was cluttering you up will be done and you'll have had guilt free sewing time!

Love this idea... I will have to try this next weekend... I was not very productive this weekend at all...

quilting cat 07-10-2011 04:33 PM

Give yourself the right to a "sewing break"! :thumbup:
Make a single block? Sew on a button? Dig out the next UFO to work on? Or just choose the pattern for a new project.
Set the kitchen timer, and sew for at least the time you have set. (15 minutes, maybe.)
Then go do the next thing on your to-do list. ;)

crafty_linda_b 07-10-2011 04:36 PM

Yep if we could do that we would have more time to sew and quilt!! I just tried it and the mess is still sitting here...so don't waste your time cause it won't work....I think the heat has alot to do with it..when it's hot I don't feel like sewing, cleaning or cooking...crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Dotha
There is so much to do and I just want to go sew something. I need to do yard work, iron, housework, sort through my recently deceased mother's things...and here I sit. My head is not very clear. I need a maid! Wouldn't it be so nice if we could just twitch our nose like Samatha did on Bewitched? That is my dream. haha

PegD 07-10-2011 05:26 PM

I also have lots to do, but I've been doing some sewing in the morning and then get on with the rest of my work. Works for me.

Julie in NM 07-10-2011 05:48 PM

If I have lots to do I make a list and slowing cross them off. I always add..coffee break...time for lunch..to the list. Just helps me see I've got something accomplished. Sorry about Mom. Think that may be causing the slump? Take time. You'll get stuff done.