Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I know we're getting old(er)/retired (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-know-were-getting-old-er-retired-t21595.html)

Leslee 06-21-2009 08:53 AM

I'm with you, Shemjo. What interesting posts these have been!

May in Jersey 06-21-2009 09:11 AM

Been there and doing that, LOL! Married 54+ years and both retired so I know where you gals are coming from. Glad they are still here with us but could do will a little less sports, history and animal channels and not the same remarks about TV shows, commericals, politicans. etc., etc., over and over again. May in Jersey

bearisgray 06-21-2009 09:17 AM

I don't know how he does this -

He can wake up and sputter about what's on TV (frequently something I WAS listening to/watching) - grab the remote, change the channel - and he's SNORING before his head hits the pillow again.

If it's something I REALLY want to watch, I grab the remote. :?

sewjoyce 06-21-2009 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I don't know how he does this -

He can wake up and sputter about what's on TV (frequently something I WAS listening to/watching) - grab the remote, change the channel - and he's SNORING before his head hits the pillow again.

If it's something I REALLY want to watch, I grab the remote. :?

Mine does that too and THAT really irritates the s**t out of me!!!

BellaBoo 06-21-2009 12:15 PM

DH has his favorite chair and tv in our bedroom. He can watch sports all day and not bother me in there. I have my tv in my sewing room and I watch movies while I sew. The tv in the living room is rarely turned on unless the kids are here. We plan a trip every six weeks for a weekend away, just the two of us. That has worked out great. When we bought our house I would not settle for anything other than his and her bath and his and her walk in closets in the master bedroom. :D My friend's husband has to go with her everywhere, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, library, garage sales, every meeting he can join with her. It gets tiresome to be around them.

Mplsgirl 06-21-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
DH has his favorite chair and tv in our bedroom. He can watch sports all day and not bother me in there. I have my tv in my sewing room and I watch movies while I sew. The tv in the living room is rarely turned on unless the kids are here. We plan a trip every six weeks for a weekend away, just the two of us. That has worked out great. When we bought our house I would not settle for anything other than his and her bath and his and her walk in closets in the master bedroom. :D My friend's husband has to go with her everywhere, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, library, garage sales, every meeting he can join with her. It gets tiresome to be around them.

I have my own bathroom and closet, too. Fortunately, the Big Guy likes to bow hunt, skeet shoot, etc. Since his heart stints, that still goes on, but yard work, "Oh, I'm tired......"

Mplsgirl 06-21-2009 02:21 PM

Just now, my DH is going outside to barbeque chicken. So he says, "WHERE ARE MY SANDALS? WHERE DID YOU PUT MY SANDALS?" I said, "In the closet, on the floor." He said, "Oh." They only see the closet floor when I put them there. Jeeeeeez. But if that's the worst, I will pick up his sandals forever. He's worth it.

Ninnie 06-21-2009 02:27 PM

my DH and I have been together almost 24/7 since we were married, running a business together. I can't imagine not having him around. Now with that said, I get the most done when he is over on the farm or out arrowhead hunting. LOL Accept for sewing the tops together, I do all my hand quilting in the den where he is.
And I love all of our children, but love having an empty nest. Does that make me a bad person? Don't know.

Mplsgirl 06-21-2009 02:46 PM

Nono Ninnie you are not a bad person. Just a well adjusted lady to her empty nest.

bearisgray 06-21-2009 03:24 PM

I think you are extremely normal.

And what could possibly be "bad" about enjoying your own company?