Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I may become a snowbird (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-may-become-snowbird-t65703.html)

barbsbus 09-19-2010 07:47 PM

We just got a new to us camper van, it's almost in new condition in appearance but was new in 1987. We had to drive over 250 miles to get it and hubby spent over $ 80. for gasoline. We knew it wouldn't get very good mileage but we are used to 37mi/per gal with our little Honda civic so I guess we will get used to 13mi./per gal when we use the van. This is the first time we bought anything from Craig's list and were happy with the transaction. Even though DH can not see, he wants to take roadtrips and we figured we could sleep and eat our way to where ever we decide to go. He wants to go to Arizona for baseball pre-game training. I hope they have an announcer so he knows what is going on, I am not really good at describing what is going on in the game. He also wants to go to the dessert when the flowers are blooming so I can see them. I am really hoping that with the van he can have some of his AA friends drive him to where ever and I can stay home all by myself and sew and play in my hobbyshop. It is such a treat for me to have the house all to myself and have no schedules to follow and I can eat, sleep and play when ever I feel like it.

craftybear 09-19-2010 07:48 PM

have fun, sounds like you will enjoy your trips

amma 09-19-2010 07:57 PM

I wish you many happy trips in your new RV :D:D:D
AND your DH and his friends too, so you can have some sewing time :wink:

sharon b 09-19-2010 08:07 PM

Well it sounds wonderful ! Maybe him and the guys can have their time/ road trips and then you two can travel together --- a win/win situation :lol:

grammyp 09-19-2010 08:08 PM

I am looking forward to some road trips in our RV too. Ah, yes. The lure of the open road.

cathyvv 09-19-2010 08:14 PM

And, by using an RV, you reduce the chance of bringing bed bugs home!

Happy Trails to you!

barbsbus 09-19-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
And, by using an RV, you reduce the chance of bringing bed bugs home!

Happy Trails to you!

LOL. I used to think there weren't real bedbugs but ran across the thread here on the board about bedbugs. I remember my uncle used to say when he tucked me in bed "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite." He also told me that licorice candy was made from worn out car tires.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sadiemae 09-19-2010 08:47 PM

Sounds like fun! Hope you get some quiet time to quilt!!!

CoyoteQuilts 09-19-2010 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
He wants to go to Arizona for baseball pre-game training. I hope they have an announcer so he knows what is going on, I am not really good at describing what is going on in the game.

Save your sanity---take a radio.