Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I MISS the board...so slow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-miss-board-so-slow-t116319.html)

LindaR 04-15-2011 09:09 AM

I have dial/up and expect to be somewhat slow but I am missing so many topics and pictures...I usually can get pictures (1/2) in about one minute and now can't get them in 10 minutes. I am bummed LindaR

bjnicholson 04-15-2011 09:12 AM

Can you bump your dial-up to a higher setting? Might cost a little more, but it would be worth it.

MzMcKee 04-15-2011 09:29 AM

Check with your phone provider or your cable provider. Lots now provide faster DSL service for not much more then your dial up service. And you'll be suprised at just how much faster your access will be. Just a thought. Mona

greenini 04-15-2011 09:41 AM

We opt for no cable TV and do hi speed Internet from AT &T. Costs us about $45 a month, I think and comes on the phone bill. There are a couple of cheaper levels that are still faster then dial up. I think the cheapest one might be as low as $25 but I'm not sure. you might call your phone company and ask about DSL or other Internet services, can't hurt to see what's out there!

barb55 04-15-2011 12:52 PM

It's so slow here also and I have DSL. Besides that they won't send it to me. I send a note to management and they'll send it for one day and than the next day nothing. It's been crap sense the middle of last month I have to go in by one of the old days to get in to here.

cjsparks 04-15-2011 01:36 PM

google "wireless internet providers" for your area. My parents live in the country and they get a wireless internet connection . It is sent via radio waves. A grain elevator in a nearby town has an antenna and it sends waves out to customers with the system. It works great in rural areas. There is a initial setup/equipment fee, but then it's around $35/month. Check it out.

hobbykat1955 04-15-2011 03:50 PM

Ck with Verizon High Speed wireless...I had dial up for yrs and got a great deal with them for only a few $ more a month

roseOfsharon 04-15-2011 03:58 PM

Do some checking online and on the phone.. get all the options available and decide. There has to be something better out there for you!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-15-2011 04:17 PM

Yes, I have high speed access, but cannot get the newsletter coming on a regular bases, its hit and miss since March 21st. I do hope the techs can fix the problem because I miss the newsletter...

I have reported it repeatly to adm & new director...they are probably tired of me reporting it...

Xylie55 04-15-2011 09:57 PM

Well for years where I live,nothing was even available,except dial up.But now my phone company TDS has it now.I love it.Great customer service,$40.00 a month.Very fast compared to dial up.I push a button,it loads.24/7 service center.Had it now 1 1/2 yrs.