Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I miss my kids being small! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-miss-my-kids-being-small-t50626.html)

ginnie6 06-21-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
Well I guess you could have some more! :lol:

lol! NO! Not only did the factory shut down they carted all the equipment off!

Barbm 06-21-2010 09:52 AM

my son was married on Friday evening. He is 25. I was devastated. I kept saying to him I'm not ready.

I feel the same way- somewhere time got away and they grew up. But now the grands are coming and I can regain my youth.

quiltedrunner 06-21-2010 12:11 PM

My hubby and I recently married in November of 2009, and seem to have all ages in our seven kids and one grand...

I have two older boys... 26 and 24. One granddaughter... 5 months. And one (thankfully) 15 year old daughter. Do all girls act like this at 15????

I also have four stepchildren, a 22y.o. daughter, a 21y.o. son, a 18y.o. daughter, and an 8y.o. daughter.

The three girls - 18, 15, and 8 - live with us and I have to admit that even though our 18y.o. is a special needs child and the 8y.o. is younger... it is my 15y.o. daughter that drive us all crazy at times! :) :( :?

I remember my nieces acting this way and they did come around, but WOW how do we get through these years!??

Grandmother23 06-21-2010 12:14 PM

My three grandsons just left this morning around 10am. They are going back to Illinois. Being 800 miles away is hard but after 18 days of a 3, 6, and 8 year old running around, 1 or 2 days of quiet will be nice. Then it starts again, wishing my 35 year old and the kids were closer to me.

JKMom 06-21-2010 12:24 PM

My two are taking college classes all summer long -- but at least they are home. In the fall, both will be away at school. (I home schooled them since PreK4, and now I am out of students!I can't figure out how the time passed so quickly when each day was soooo long.) They were great as teens, but now...well, they are thinking very independently...so I quilt as therapy!

Barbm 06-21-2010 12:26 PM

we have 7 too- his/hers and ours. Sometimes I wonder how we did it- especially since I worked full time. But, they have survived to adulthood with hopefully, not too many mental scars (I joke- they all grew up together and treat each other as full siblings, not steps or halves).

Just getting ready to run to meet DD and DSIL and the babies (2 and 2 mos.) They are packing to go home to NC after a week here. I can't spend enough time with them and am already trying to work out going to see them.

ann clare 06-21-2010 02:36 PM

The years go so fast. Enjoy every stage. Very quiet here as our 4 have flown the nest.

saf45 06-21-2010 05:57 PM

im with ginnie6, never my kids are 49,47. they still fight like they were 5 and 6, no cant see going back ,

Jim's Gem 06-21-2010 06:25 PM

Mine are all grown up and I miss them being little!! DD#3 is the only one in the house right now, she just graduated with her Masters Degree and is home until she gets married on October 30. We enjoy having her around, but I really miss when the kids and I would head to the beach, or the park or all kinds of places. Now all I get to do is work!!!

littlehud 06-21-2010 07:26 PM

I used to til DD and DGD moved in with me. Now I have a small one all the time and I love it.