Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I need some good sites for sewing patterns. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-need-some-good-sites-sewing-patterns-t247587.html)

ragquilter 05-29-2014 05:39 PM

I need some good sites for sewing patterns.

I know it is not quilt related but I really need some good patterns. Especially patterns for children and plus size women's clothing. The pattern books are getting thinner and the patterns never seem to change. I don't really care for downloads, I prefer the actual pattern in my hand.

trolleystation 05-30-2014 04:42 AM

Have you tried Ebay?

BettyminHuntsville 05-30-2014 07:35 AM

I have a lot of kids patterns I would send you if you pay the postage. I was going to throw them away, but would be glad to send them if you could use them.

tessagin 05-30-2014 07:52 AM

If you've downloaded the pattern you should be able to print it. Everything I have downloaded I can print. Craftsy has a lot of free patterns for different items. If you go to some of the different stores they have discontinued patterns that go for as little as $1.00. Check out the different garage sales that have plus size women's clothing. Cut the pattern from those. I've done that. You can also Google free women's plus size clothing. Like I stated before most patterns downloaded can usually be printed. Good Luck!

Carol34446 05-30-2014 12:07 PM

Was at a thrift store this AM and they had a lot of patterns various sizes, kids to plus sizes. In fact if you posted what sizes and type, a bunch of us on here might have some patterns we could send you. I would have a few I know.

athomenow 05-30-2014 01:51 PM

If you PM me I will tell you what kids patterns I have. These will most have been cut but you're welcome to them for the postage. Let me know sizes also.

Oistin 05-31-2014 09:56 AM

JoAnn's fabrics always have their patterns on sale ... Last week they had Simplicity patterns 5 for $5, and McCalls were 5 for $7, Vogue were $4.99 each and Butterick usually going on sale too and the limit you can buy is 10 but if you take a friend with you , you can buy more. So check their fliers. Or what you should do is to go through each pattern book , take a picture of the pattern with the numbers using your cell and wait till they go on sale . I do that all the time .

cookiemonster 05-31-2014 04:32 PM

yes, Simplicity patterns, and Mccalls are being phased out in our sewing shops because they have reached the $15.00+ price and customers don't buy them.. We are left with Burda, New Look.. For myself I find more in the thrift stores.. Had grown a collection of my own. Ordering online, has the shipping/handling costs, and time delay..

Nammie to 7 05-31-2014 05:01 PM

We have a Hancock Fabric store here -- they sell McCalls and Simplicity patterns quite often for 99 cents, or $1.99. I never buy them full price.