Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I need a word of wisdom while I wait (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-need-word-wisdom-while-i-wait-t21068.html)

Maride 06-08-2009 08:03 AM

My mammogram last week came up inconclusive and I have to wait until Friday to have an ultrasound or MRI, depending on what the radiologist decides. In the mean time I am a nervous wreck. DH don't even mention it. He has been a sweetheart treating me in a very understanding way, but not saying a word about it. He is one of those guys that feel that if you don't talk about a problem it will go away. I have been sewing up a strom to keep my mind occupied, but can't help to think of the worst. Didn't sleep last night and had to come to work today, but don't feel like being here.

I am sure many here have gone through the same thing. What was your experience?

Maria

tlrnhi 06-08-2009 08:09 AM

Mine always come up flukey too. Don't stress yourself out about it. Mine come up that way because of some watery cysts. I could have them removed, but they aren't bothering me, so I don't.
It's easy to say not to worry, but we always do.
Just try to easy your mind that for whatever happens, you'll be fine.

JJs 06-08-2009 08:09 AM

those things aren't always bad news - I had lump, ultrasound (same as you - inconclusive or suspicious, whichever way you want to look at it), finally a biopsy - oh what fun!...
everything negative...
so don't borrow trouble....

bearisgray 06-08-2009 08:17 AM

You took a great big first step in having a mammogram done - so now, no matter what happens next, you are ahead of the game than if you had done nothing.

Waiting is difficult - don't have any great answers for you though.

Good luck!

Ninnie 06-08-2009 08:19 AM

Just keep a positive attitude and tr not to think the worst, I know, from experience that it is hard to do.

My DH is the same.

k3n 06-08-2009 08:21 AM

I had a lump a few years ago - went for a mammo then a biopsy - watery cyst! Most of these scares are. Easy to say I know but try not to worry. Your DH is probably scared for you and doesn't know how to verbalise it - he's just being a man! Sending you positive thoughts and hugs!

Mplsgirl 06-08-2009 08:50 AM

I have gone through this too and we always seem to think the worst. I know I did. And it's frightening. Mine was a milk cyst 20 years ago and nothing since. But you had the girls examined and that's what's important. Please let us know the outcome.

Shemjo 06-08-2009 09:56 AM

Sending positive energy to you. Breathe! :lol:

amma 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

You have and are doing everything just right....you got the mammogram...you are following up with the radiologist....keeping busy....

It is easy to say not to worry, but as everyone has said, these are usually cysts of some kind. I have called the radiologist and asked to be put on the cancellation list, you can sometimes get in quicker that way :wink:

Some people want to talk about what is bothering them, others can't. I'm glad that you feel comfortable coming here for support!!
We are fam-il-y :D :wink: :wink: :D

SulaBug 06-08-2009 11:11 AM

I am so sorry to hear of the stress you are experiencing
while waiting for another test!! :( I too have gone
though this a few times. It can be so many things, so
try not to worry so much. It's hard not to, but be of
uplifted spirits & think positive. Sending good thoughts
your way. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}