Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I saw this lady yesterday with a georgious summer dress on... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-saw-lady-yesterday-georgious-summer-dress-t128932.html)

cjomomma 06-08-2011 05:09 AM

And I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I know you all know what I was thinking. The print and color would have been perfect in a quilt and I have the just right fabric's to go with it. NO I didn't ask her for it. I just told her that her dress was beautiful and that the pattern was awesome but I almost said it would be great in a quilt. My DD nudged me before i blurted it out. LOL!! I'm losing the will power that keeps me from stopping people and complimenting their clothing. OH NO! What am I gonna do? I think I need some serious intervention!!! :-)

quiltinghere 06-08-2011 05:12 AM

When you find out where to go for help - let us ALL know!

Make sure you see if they help quilters who see QUILT BLOCK PATTERNS everywhere they go.

michelehuston 06-08-2011 05:13 AM

Hahaha...I have been the the same situation!!! Everything that I see could be a quilt!!

lbaillie 06-08-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
And I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I know you all know what I was thinking. The print and color would have been perfect in a quilt and I have the just right fabric's to go with it. NO I didn't ask her for it. I just told her that her dress was beautiful and that the pattern was awesome but I almost said it would be great in a quilt. My DD nudged me before i blurted it out. LOL!! I'm losing the will power that keeps me from stopping people and complimenting their clothing. OH NO! What am I gonna do? I think I need some serious intervention!!! :-)

ask her where she bought it then you can go buy one and CUT IT UP!!!!

Kathios 06-08-2011 05:13 AM

I'm sure you made her day. Everyone loves to receive a compliment. I think it was very nice to talk to her. We need more friendly people like you!

blueangel 06-08-2011 05:16 AM

I'm sure everyone has been in that situation.

Painiacs 06-08-2011 05:50 AM

Nah! I do the same ppl like to hear compliments! It's when u ask for the articles for quilts that's bad!

Grama Lehr 06-08-2011 07:37 AM

Bite your lip. . . ;)

CoyoteQuilts 06-08-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Next time you need to ask where she got it so you can pick one up yourself.... but of course don't tell her why!
edited to say: Oops, I see I'm not the only one that thought this way...

cathyvv 06-08-2011 08:21 AM

Compliments are ok, so keep giving them. But, as you did, stop short of the quilt comments!