Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I think this is the best one yet..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-think-best-one-yet-t231595.html)

Chasing Hawk 10-02-2013 09:14 AM

I think this is the best one yet.....

I checked my email this morning and in there was an email from the fbi

He claims he is in that particular country and is an fbi delegate working there. And he has uncovered
10.5 million in my name and that these fraudsters are trying to con me into claiming it. Then he goes onto say that he will await my reply so he can catch these con men in the act "with my money".
And that his time in Nigeria is ending soon and that he would like for me to recieve my "inheritance".

It's even signed
Special Agent David Jackson
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION IN NIGERIA
INVESTIGATION ON ALL ONLINE WIRE TRANSFER

***This is a scam and I know it. I have no intention of responding.***************

0tis 10-02-2013 09:22 AM

What a thoughtful FBI agent - all that work just for your inheritance - Just shows you how our tax dollars are at work (oh wait, not right now) - Lets hope that they do not find anyone to play along with their scheme - this one is too ridiculous.

Chasing Hawk 10-02-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 6326322)
What a thoughtful FBI agent - all that work just for your inheritance - Just shows you how our tax dollars are at work (oh wait, not right now) - Lets hope that they do not find anyone to play along with their scheme - this one is too ridiculous.

Let's hope not, I knew it the moment it showed up. The sender's name was FBI AGENT and his email address contained the words "test" and "mergersdrug".

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-02-2013 09:52 AM

LMAO! Thanks for sharing this one. It's pretty excellent. I assume you had many rich relatives in Nigeria that might have left you this windfall?

I can't understand why the scammers don't get a little smarter. A few less grammatical errors might suck in a few more people.

Neesie 10-02-2013 10:29 AM

What a swell guy! :D

susie337 10-02-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 6326359)
The sender's name was FBI AGENT and his email address contained the words "test" and "mergersdrug".

I got one of those a few years back from "Mr. Ben Dover". I had to sound it out before I got it. LOL

misspriss 10-02-2013 11:10 AM

I don't know where to go with this, but just read on FB that Hobby Lobby may have to close due to the new insurance program.

Jingle 10-02-2013 12:22 PM

We use to get faxes saying someone wanted to share some money with our business owner. His spelling a sentence wording was so bad, no way would an official send a letter like that out. We use to keep a file of them, about one dozen. Hard to believe people actually believe this crap.

Quilt Novice 10-02-2013 01:32 PM

Yes about 20 years ago I knew someone who fell victim to this type of thing. It was from the mail or maybe by phone. He spent alot of money trying to get the money that the scammers claimed he was owed. Very sad.

tessagin 10-02-2013 01:34 PM

They're so thoughtful! LOL!!!