Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I Think I've Made A Discovery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-think-ive-made-discovery-t167833.html)

ChaiQuilter 11-12-2011 08:36 AM

I Think I've Made A Discovery

After posting a "quick reply" in a thread, I've found it impossible to use the back button to return to the thread list in a section. BUT, if I post a reply using "go advanced" it will allow me to use the back button to return to the thread list. Has anyone else had this issue?

mommafank 11-12-2011 10:06 AM

Yep! Me too!:rolleyes:

Kitsie 11-12-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter (Post 4670446)
After posting a "quick reply" in a thread, I've found it impossible to use the back button to return to the thread list in a section. BUT, if I post a reply using "go advanced" it will allow me to use the back button to return to the thread list. Has anyone else had this issue?

Oh, I wondered why that happened!! Thx, it was a nuisance.

Rann 11-12-2011 02:59 PM

Don't know why but I have no trouble going back. Just strange I guess--my kids would agree.

sharon b 11-12-2011 03:37 PM

You can answer a topic and then go to the top of the page and click on the name of the section you are in , for example- up above it says : Forum - General Chit Chat - I think I made a discovery , so to get back to General Chit chat click on General Chit Chat and it will take you back to the list of topics

littlehud 11-12-2011 03:40 PM

I'm not sure why but I have no trouble going back.

Grambi 11-12-2011 09:28 PM

Frequently, after I hit the "post quick reply" button, I get a pop-up from Windows asking if I really want to leave this page or stay on it. It doesn't happen on any other sites and didn't happen on the old board.

GGinMcKinney 11-12-2011 09:33 PM

No, go advanced did not do as you described for me. I will go to top of page and click within the topic. I know that works great for me.

Shelbie 11-13-2011 10:26 AM

I am having similar problems. I'm never sure whether my quick replies will post or not. I've taken to copying them before I send them because they either disappear, just sit there and won't post or I get a pop up box asking me if I am sure that I want to leave the page. If I go back in and try again, they will usually post.

ChaiQuilter 11-13-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4671763)
You can answer a topic and then go to the top of the page and click on the name of the section you are in , for example- up above it says : Forum - General Chit Chat - I think I made a discovery , so to get back to General Chit chat click on General Chit Chat and it will take you back to the list of topics

If I do that, it takes me back to the BEGINNING, which is very annoying if I am further along in chit chat, for example. The beginning can be several pages away. I don't want to go through all the pages searching for where I was up to.