Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I was wondering why I had cat hair on my quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-wondering-why-i-had-cat-hair-my-quilt-t74586.html)

cjomomma 11-06-2010 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to take my over sized queen quilt to my DM's to quilt it on her kitchen table. Everytime I went to work on it there was cat hair all over it, not that I mind but I couldn't figure out why. My DM's cat doesn't have the kind of hair that flies around but he leaves it where ever he lays. My mom sent me a pic yesterday of how it has been happening. He had to be really cold to climb on the kitchen table because he knows that is a no no! I am glad he likes it.

Before you all say anything, yes I am crazy for quilting such a big quilt on such a little machine.

Shakers making himself comfy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119737[/ATTACH]

CarrieAnne 11-06-2010 05:35 AM

Shakers just know the prettiest, comfiest spot in the whole house is your quilt! He is cute!!!!!!!!

cjomomma 11-06-2010 05:37 AM

Thank you. My folks call him my Brother. He is 14 years old and the cold air makes him hurt. He was bottled fed and doesn't realize he is a cat.

kriscraft99 11-06-2010 05:37 AM

you can really quilt an entire quilt on that machine?? that is great to know :)

and... yes.. Shakers knows the coziest place to nap

cjomomma 11-06-2010 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
you can really quilt an entire quilt on that machine?? that is great to know :)

and... yes.. Shakers knows the coziest place to nap

You can if you don't want anything fancy. On the middle I just did straight lines and wavy lines on the border. It has been quite a workout to wristle the quilt thru the machine but it will be worth it in the end. I am working on the borders right now.

Ditter43 11-06-2010 07:41 AM

No you're no crazier then the rest of us. I did a queen sized on mine!! It was a job! That's when I started experimenting with quilt as you go!! :D :D

JenniePenny 11-06-2010 09:06 AM

Oh he sure looks cozy. I like the deep, true colors of the quilt too.

pab58 11-06-2010 09:48 AM

Shakers is so-o-o-o cute!!! Personally, I think he is laying on it not because he's cold -- he's simply guarding it from the quilt gremlins!!! :lol: You should reward him with a blankie of his very own! Any furbaby seems to just LOVE quilts -- and fabric in general!! :-D Even the little ones -- just check out my Bitsy in my avatar! 8-)

cjomomma 11-06-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Shakers is so-o-o-o cute!!! Personally, I think he is laying on it not because he's cold -- he's simply guarding it from the quilt gremlins!!! :lol: You should reward him with a blankie of his very own! Any furbaby seems to just LOVE quilts -- and fabric in general!! :-D Even the little ones -- just check out my Bitsy in my avatar! 8-)

My DM has blankets lying everywhere in her home, he even has his own fleece to lay on. I agree I need to make him a quilt, a nice fluffy one. Maybe a loose biscuit quilt he can snuggle in.

KathyAire 11-06-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you. My folks call him my Brother. He is 14 years old and the cold air makes him hurt. He was bottled fed and doesn't realize he is a cat.

My cat is about 16 years old. She hates the cold as well. I have a pet warmer for her. It's like a heating pad. Maggie loves boxes. I put the pet warmer in a box (no lid). It stays plugged in from about October until April. Maggie stays in it about 23 hours a day.