Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If I don't get busy soon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-i-dont-get-busy-soon-t253691.html)

IBQUILTIN 09-13-2014 03:51 PM

If I don't get busy soon

I am working on a quilt that is a gift for my DGS wedding that will take place in Catalina. For some reason or another I have stalled and can't seem to get back at it. What the heck is wrong with me, and it is a really beautiful quilt so I can't seem to come up with an excuse Please, encourage me to get with it before I am chasing a deadline

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-13-2014 03:54 PM

As the ad says, "Just do it". Make yourself set down and work at it for 30 minutes. Maybe you will be on a roll and forget to quit.

barny 09-13-2014 03:56 PM

You're probably tired. That's what I do when I'm tired. I'm a real good procrastinator.[sp].

Tartan 09-13-2014 04:51 PM

Do some prep work for it. Is your backing ironed and ready to go? Is your binding cut and packaged for later? Set aside an hour a day to work on the quilt and reward yourself after the hour. Chocolate is a nice reward.:)

Nammie to 7 09-13-2014 05:49 PM

I find I get more done if I "just do it". I might not be in the mood for a particular project but I just do it and then I'm so pleased to have that piece done! I rarely work on the same project more than a day or two at a time -- I work on each project to a certain point then work on the next one until I have one completely finished.

NJ Quilter 09-14-2014 07:03 AM

I know the feeling. I have a quilt that I have been working on the design for months now (first time designing my own quilt) and it needs to be made and hand quilted by June. Yikes! Haven't even purchased any fabric yet. But, now that I've gotten approval of the design from several people, I'm ready to start but life has been getting in the way the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get started this week! Good luck. Hate rushing to deadlines but somehow it seems to happen frequently to me.

SHELTIE'SMAMA 09-14-2014 08:17 AM

Hang a sign in the kitchen ?fridge that says DREAMS DON'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU DO. It will produce something -- hopefully a quilt and not quilt. Interesting just noticed that both words are composed with the exact same letters.

Stitchit123 09-15-2014 02:52 AM

I lay a guilt trip on myself. ''Your gonna feel like a piece of crap if you don't have this ready for it's new home'' And you don't want to let your loved one down with some yukky store bought gift that wasn't made by your loving hands and heart. this always works for me.

katesnanna 09-15-2014 05:47 AM

Lots of us just lose our Mojo from time to time. I've just recently gotten mine back. I'm working on a Bargello for eldest GS who'll be 18 next Feb. This will be his Christmas present.

Susanna10 09-15-2014 11:05 AM

I just put something on Nexflix on my laptop, sit it in front of my sewing machine and sew. I can always stop it whenever I need to.