Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If something happened to you, who would let the QB know? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-something-happened-you-who-would-let-qb-know-t65507.html)

Deecee 09-19-2010 12:15 AM

This is certainly food for thought.

The notebook idea sounds good. I'll be interested to see other comments.

I also hope someone informs us how Darlene is faring.

loopywren 09-19-2010 01:32 AM

I don't have anyone who could post for me.. there must be others like me. What to do? Any ideas?

dakotamaid 09-19-2010 04:25 AM

There is a note in my password/computer book that says how to notify people in my "e" life if something should happen.

raptureready 09-19-2010 04:26 AM

That's why it's good to have personal quilting friends on here too. I think if something happened to me that Mary B. would let everyone know as I would if anything were to happen to her. However, even if I told DH I don't think he'd get on here and tell everyone because he just doesn't realize how close everyone here has become. He's not a social person so he doesn't see the need in it for others. Even if he noticed the laundry piling up, the floors not swept and the bed not made he'd probably just think I was somewhere working on a quilt. Shoot I could probably be gone for a day or two before he even noticed. LOL

wolfkitty 09-19-2010 04:30 AM

Good questions and a book is a good idea. I live alone and no one would have a clue what to do to notify this sort of thing.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-19-2010 04:59 AM

Great point you brought up. I need to get a little notebook or something to put things in. I have an ebay business and have often said to myself that I should let my family know passwords, etc. Then I forget! Being in cyberspace has brought changes for all of us and we should have someone to let others know if the need arises.
Thanks !!

cjomomma 09-19-2010 05:15 AM

I have told my DD to get on here if anything happened to me. She knows my pass word.

Rebecca VLQ 09-19-2010 05:33 AM

I have a bunch of online mommy friends that are STILL having kids (they're crazy, but I digress...) and when it's getting close to time, someone volunteers to be on "the bat phone" to give the announcement. It started years ago, and now the question is who's on the batphone for Janey???

:lol:

Quilter7x 09-19-2010 07:10 AM

Glad you brought up this topic. I have a couple of board friends and need to tell them that if anything happens to me, they should post about it. I don't plan on having surgery or going anywhere, but you never know! :lol:

I am anxiously awaiting hearing how Darlene is doing. I hope the delay is just because she is the only one that can post here and that she's following doctors orders by laying low. She knows how well loved she is here, so she will post when she can.

tlrnhi 09-19-2010 07:31 AM

I know if I'm missing for a few days, SOMEONE will either call my cellphone or my house to find me. Not sure if my family knows my password for the board, but to them, it should be easy to figure out.
Doing road trips, I usually have a certain person calling me to make sure I"m ok....right Amma?? lol

I'm sure Darlene is fine. My mom had an operable brain tumor and it took her about 6 weeks to be where she could talk and communicate to anyone. Everyone is different when it comes to this. I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she can.