Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If You Had a Chance to Meet a Famous Person...WHO would it be and why... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-had-chance-meet-famous-person-who-would-why-t104700.html)

Lv2sew2011 03-04-2011 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
John Wayne. I realize that he is deceased but one of my cousins is married to a decendant of his. His mother and my cousins husbands mother were sisters and Fred is the spitting image of John Wayne and I would just have liked to have seen them side by side. I think it would have been cool.

My mom has a picture of John Wayne standing next to one of my great uncles, he use to sell cows to John Wayne, never got to meet him either...

Lv2sew2011 03-04-2011 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I would like to meet and talk with former Predident George W Bush and his wife Laura. I think they are a wonderful couple and did a lot more for America than they receive credit for.

Couldnt agree with you more...

Lv2sew2011 03-04-2011 12:50 AM

Elvis Presley, and Richard Gere...Cause I think there pretty...LOL

akrogirl 03-04-2011 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by MandyM
I do wish I had been able to meet Brian Clough, a big time hero in my home town, before he died.

I have to agree ...Brian was a "salt of the earth"man. I recently rented from Netflicks a DVD about his life as a manager and there are some classic Brian Clough quotes. Always honest in his words and true to his word.[/quote]

How great to find someone else who knew, and appreciated, Cloughie :-) One of my dogs is named after him. I still need to see the movie, but wish it had dealt more with his time at Forest. What he did with that team was nothing short of a miracle. One German manager even considers that to be the greatest team of all time! Cloughie did so much with so little compared to the big name teams of that era. He deserved a knighthood and the chance to be England's manager.

Riversong 03-04-2011 02:59 AM

Angela Lansbury...

quilter on the eastern edge 03-04-2011 05:08 AM

I would like to meet Colin Firth...... no, wait.. I just want to look at him. I think he is seriously the sexiest man on the planet.

dlbrandt 03-04-2011 05:20 AM

I would like to meet Elton John. His music is awesome!!!

renee765 03-04-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Eckhart Tolle b/c he is so peaceful loves being in the moment.

I agree... I have his books.

This would be my dream, too. Just imagine sitting with him in a quiet room, just experiencing the Now. I think he would have such a calming, peaceful presence.

lyndad 03-04-2011 08:34 AM

I would like to sit and talk with Diane Sawyer, she's a very interesting person. I seen her on Ophrah, talking about her life, she seem's like a very nice person.

Connie in CO 03-04-2011 08:38 AM

I would love to meet Carol Doak,shes one of my favorite paper piecing designers.Connie in CO