Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-have-satellite-radio-your-vehicle-do-you-like-t252166.html)

IrishgalfromNJ 08-20-2014 05:22 AM

If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

I just bought a 2015 Kia Soul with satellite radio. I've never had it before and I'm enjoying using it now. I thought I would poll the group to help me decide whether I want to buy a subscription when my trial expires in 3 months. I've only noticed one drawback, the radio fades out in certain areas of town. Thanks for your input.

Mariposa 08-20-2014 05:28 AM

We have Serius in both vehicles. Great to have so many choices of channels. We haven't had issues with reception. :)

ljptexas 08-20-2014 05:44 AM

Welcome to the "Soul" group. I bought mine last yr & never renewed. I'm just not on the road to justify, so just listen to Sirius on Dish tv. Don't you just love your Soul? I do mine but really don't like the 'flat butt' but that's how it was made, soooo…. I bought a Forte in 2013 but traded it in because it was too low to the ground & hard to get in & out. I'm not a small person & if anything every happened to a hip or leg, it would've been hard to enter & exit..

Amarillo19 08-20-2014 05:55 AM

We have Sirius in our car and it fades out under overpasses and when we pull into the garage. Love all the variety available. Might be a good thing to put in my sewing room. Hmmm....

ManiacQuilter2 08-20-2014 06:05 AM

My best friend enjoys listening to the comic station to unwind on his way home. I have a neighbor who has the music in her home, Pandora but if I had better speakers, I would probably subscribe.

Barb in Louisiana 08-20-2014 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Amarillo19 (Post 6852225)
We have Sirius in our car and it fades out under overpasses and when we pull into the garage. Love all the variety available. Might be a good thing to put in my sewing room. Hmmm....

I recently renewed my XM radio and found out that now there is an app for my iPhone so I can listen to XM anywhere. There's a tab to listen on your computer too. http://www.siriusxm.com/

My DH and I are big NASCAR fans. Sirius or XM are the only systems we can get our "fix" on, so we will never let our subscriptions expire. I wish they would quit going up. It's over $200 a year per vehicle now. Started out about $50 about 10 years ago. Maybe that was a special. Too long ago to remember.

kydeb 08-20-2014 06:22 AM

I'm afraid that you're probably hooked. After my 3-month free trial ran out, I thought I could live without it as I only drive 3.1 miles to work (garage to parking space). Well, after a few days of only hearing commercials and stupid chatter all the way in (the whole 5 minutes!), I called and renewed. I'm fortunate enough that I very rarely hit a dead spot. I love being able to choose my music and not having all of that disc jokey yapping going on!! It's also great on a trip - you never have to search for radio stations. As far as price, there are different plans. I paid under $10 a month last time - well worth it to me.

Sandra in Minnesota 08-20-2014 09:22 AM

Love the 50's and 60's radio on my Sirius radio in the car. It only fades out at underpasses, at the bank and at the gas station, but I sing along with the tunes all by myself. Gotta have a sense of humor, I guess.

IrishgalfromNJ 08-20-2014 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6852212)
Welcome to the "Soul" group. I bought mine last yr & never renewed. I'm just not on the road to justify, so just listen to Sirius on Dish tv. Don't you just love your Soul? I do mine but really don't like the 'flat butt' but that's how it was made, soooo…. I bought a Forte in 2013 but traded it in because it was too low to the ground & hard to get in & out. I'm not a small person & if anything every happened to a hip or leg, it would've been hard to enter & exit..

Yes. I do love my new Soul. It's certainly an upgrade from my basic Toyota that I traded in.

I think I'm going to have to keep the fancy radio. It certainly is addictive. I do spend quite a bit of time in the car. It takes me at least 30 minutes to get to work in the morning and some days I go home at lunch to check on the dog. I can log a few miles on my car in a day.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Sandygirl 08-20-2014 09:35 AM

I spend a lot of time on the road. I love my radio! I have the app for my Iphone and the Ipad. I love to listen to Dr. laura. Lots of great station opp. I listen to Fox but when my brain cant take the "news" , back to my music! Expensive? Sadly, yes BUT i am in my car a lot AND i figure that since I have not had a decent vacation in years, WTHeck. My DH has it too.

It "fades" under overpasses, parking garages, etc because the RADIO satellite signal is blocked. It is what it is. Not a defect.

Sandy