Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If you won the lottery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-won-lottery-t118197.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-23-2011 07:09 AM

Where to begin???

Hmmmm.......... live in housekeeper and masseuse ! lol

I would donate as much as possible to animal rescue places.
I would give my kids just enough money so that they don't lose their dreams and ambition.
I would help anyone I can.

Oh and I would go back to my avatar hahahaha

Rachel 04-23-2011 07:15 AM

First, I'd buy a new house, one with a loft area upstairs for quilting with a nice view. Then I'd buy a long arm to fit into my new sewing loft. I've have the kitchen custom made with slate and copper. (not that I've given this much thought, tee hee) and I'd pay off my mom's house so she could retire.

KathyAire 04-23-2011 07:25 AM

I definitely like the idea of the cleaning lady. I have three in mind that I would have on a retainer. After that, I would share with many people I know. Of course, Airedale Rescue would benefit, as well.

Becky13 04-23-2011 07:28 AM

Take my dream trip to Galapagos Islands AND buy a pop-up camper trailer, pay off my son's college education bill and yes, I would quit working so I could quilt and volunteer. Oohwee - fun thinking about all this!

greenini 04-23-2011 07:28 AM

First I'd have to buy a ticket :-) :lol:

CloverPatch 04-23-2011 07:31 AM

Everything would be paid off! Then remodel the house to my liking. After that savings savings savings.

Charlee 04-23-2011 07:31 AM

I would SO be OUT of Oregon!!
We'd buy a home, make sure the kids are taken care of, and slowly play with the rest.... that's providing it was a Powerball jackpot of some size.
If it was less than several million? I'd still get out of Oregon, and save the rest for that proverbial rainy day!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-23-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I definitely like the idea of the cleaning lady. I have three in mind that I would have on a retainer. After that, I would share with many people I know. Of course, Airedale Rescue would benefit, as well.

Hey Kathy, would you buy me that Yankees fabric???? hee hee

Ramona Byrd 04-23-2011 07:35 AM

Pay off everything, starting with state and federal taxes.
Set up trust funds for kids and grands (not large enough to spoil them, but large enough to be helpful should any lose their jobs or become ill) and set up a free animal sterilization group for the entire county.
Build a new house with my own ideas in it.
Buy off a politician so that s/he would vote for pure foods.
Go on cruises with a sister.
Get some "help" from Los Angeles plastic surgeons.

KathyAire 04-23-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Originally Posted by KathyAire

Hey Kathy, would you buy me that Yankees fabric???? hee hee

You would be at the top of my list for sharing and I would definitely buy you all the Yankee fabric I could find, just as long as it would be mailed directly to you. I could not possibly allow it to be in MY house. :roll: :roll: :roll: