Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If you're looking for an interesting travelogue story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-youre-looking-interesting-travelogue-story-t261000.html)

thimblebug6000 02-08-2015 05:09 PM

If you're looking for an interesting travelogue story

I recently just finished reading Sihpromatum (I grew my Boobs in China) and found it so interesting I'm looking forward to her 2nd book called Backpacks and Bra Straps. If you're interested in Non-fiction reading you might enjoy this one too. You can check out her site... I haven't fully explored it yet but have enjoyed what I have read on there so far. www.sihpromatum.com

golfer 02-10-2015 06:47 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoy true stories of adventure.

thimblebug6000 02-11-2015 06:06 PM

Thanks golfer for your reply.... I find it interesting that quilters aren't that interested in real life blogs.... oh well.... I'm anxiously waiting the 2nd volume.... and I have to say their blog is so much fun!.... and.... yes.... I guess...I'm the dinosaur..... I'm not interested in non-fiction...... life is too short for that!.... JMHO

nancia 02-12-2015 10:42 PM

i think most of us have enough real life in around us every day. i'm on quilting with animals, grann of 6, and it is very real. i read a lot of crud books but every now and then i need a dose of reality. i'll look into that book. thanks!

thimblebug6000 02-13-2015 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 7086998)
Thanks golfer for your reply.... I find it interesting that quilters aren't that interested in real life blogs.... oh well.... I'm anxiously waiting the 2nd volume.... and I have to say their blog is so much fun!.... and.... yes.... I guess...I'm the dinosaur..... I'm not interested in non-fiction...... life is too short for that!.... JMHO

OOPS!!!! made a booboo.... I'm not interested in reading FICTION.... only non-fiction! This change came about because my eye sight was giving me problems.... so I made the decision to only read real life works.... and save the rest for my quilting world! Didn't mean to sound "holier than thou".... :o

Iraxy 02-15-2015 03:18 PM

I love to read non fiction but I love to read fiction as well. As a nurse in a poverty area for many years, I have had enough "reality" as some call it to last me a life time. I would rather run off to some sci fi world, some problematic love situation in Victorian England, or some classic tale of years ago, to escape. I seem to love escaping since I use quilting for the purpose too. LOL

suern3 02-15-2015 03:31 PM

Woopsie Thimblebug, I think you made a generalization about what you think other quilters like to read. Probably not real accurate:) But thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Sounds interesting.

Peckish 02-15-2015 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 7086998)
I find it interesting that quilters aren't that interested in real life blogs.

I'm not sure exactly what that means, or how you can make such a blanket statement. Every blog I read is a "real life" blog.

I will admit to not being interested at all in reality tv. Give me some well-written, entertaining fiction to watch in the evenings. I'm with Nancia - I could use the escape from real life!

thimblebug6000 02-19-2015 10:01 AM

Youch! Sorry ladies, my comment was meant as chit-chat NOT judgmental - sorry if I offended you. :(