Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'll get it done...soon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ill-get-done-soon-t41498.html)

Gwyn 04-02-2010 07:53 AM

Hi everyone. If I owe you something for March, please know that I haven't forgotten. My husband has been very sick for about 10 weeks. On Wednesday we finally took him to the emergency room at a big hospital about 30 miles away. His liver is failing. He has cirrohsis of the liver, probably due to the amount of tylenol and ibuprophen he has always taken for pain and everything else. In the last month he has aged beyond recognition. He is only65, but he looks like he is 90. He can only talk at a whisper and seems so lost and confused. I am torn between fear, anger, compation and love for him. I thought I was pretty independent, but I can't even go to him because I can't drive. When I get to the hospital, I am stuck there until someone comes and gets me to go home. My youngest sons have missed 2 days of school because I don't have anyone to take or pick them up.

My father died of pneumonia about 18 months ago. Now I am scared Randy may not make it. They have already told us he will be in the hospital a long while yet. I'll keep all of you posted. Don't worry about the things I have promised. Actually, most of them are finished and just need to be taken to the post office. As I get them sent, please let me know you received them. If you post pictures, I would appreciate it since I can't really use the camera due to my blindness. Thanks, Gwyn

amma 04-02-2010 07:57 AM

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear about your DH (((HUGS)))

LovingIzabella 04-02-2010 08:00 AM

Oh Gwyn I sure hope hubby is ok. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
April

sewjoyce 04-02-2010 08:22 AM

Oh, Gwyn, hang in there Girl!! Wish I lived close enough to drive you!! Have you looked into getting rides?? The hospital can probably provide you with names and phone numbers for agencies and volunteers to get you there and back!!! Please call them and ask! You need to be with DH! MANY HUGS! :D

Andii 04-02-2010 08:24 AM

Gwyn,
I'm so sorry to hear about Randy. It's seems harder to see our loved ones suffer than to hurt ourselves. I wish I was closer and could help you somehow...I will be praying which is good from near or far...I'll be praying that he uses the people nearer to you to help out at just the right time.
Andii

Quilt4u 04-02-2010 08:26 AM

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.
Hugs

Charlee 04-02-2010 08:26 AM

Gwyn, you and your family will be in my prayers. I am so sorry that you're going thru this, wish I could be there to help you!

Jim's Gem 04-02-2010 08:32 AM

So sorry to hear about Randy. I will pray for recovery for him. Please ask the hospital as sewjoyce said, there could be a service that can help you!!!

IrishNY 04-02-2010 08:33 AM

Gwyn,

First, I'll say a prayer for both you and your DH.

Call 211 in your community and find what the resources are to help. They're available - you just need to know how to access them. If you don't have 211, call the local Salvation Army or Red Cross and ask them to refer you to an agency that they think provides services like transportation. I also bet that your county may have transportation services for this type of situation since you can't drive due to blindness.

Please call rather than have your sons miss school and you being dependent on others to pick you up. That's why the services are there.

sewmuch 04-02-2010 08:39 AM

Gwen, so sorry to hear about your hubby, if I was closer I'd sure come pick you up......thinking of you and Randy,
:lol: :lol: Nancy