Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm going crazy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-going-crazy-t19326.html)

pocoellie 04-23-2009 05:34 AM

Now we know how they raise some of "their " money.LOL That's an insane method for sure!!

reneebobby 04-23-2009 05:34 AM

Oh my that is a lot of money, but I have to wonder are the kids better drivers than here in the states?

beachlady 04-23-2009 05:38 AM

Terri, almost sounds like a taxi would be cheaper!! Of course she has Mom the taxi!!

tlrnhi 04-23-2009 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Oh my that is a lot of money, but I have to wonder are the kids better drivers than here in the states?

Now we know how they raise some of "their " money.LOL That's an insane method for sure!!

There are a few fender benders here, like everywhere. Most of the accidents involve either a tourist hitting a local person or someone new to the island, ie military. You don't see/hear of any firey crashes, if that's what you mean. The max speed on the roads here is 45 and that's only on one stretch of road for about 3 miles. The rest of the speed limit is 35 or below. The roads here are HORRIBLE! Full of holes, potholes, bumps, lumps, you name it. But, that doesn't mean that people don't speed where they can.
Many of the roads here do not have sidewalks. Sidewalks are on the roads in the main part of the island...touristy area. There's always someone running/jogging along the roads, so you have to slow down to go around them if there's no where for them to run. Can't run on the grass, you don't know what is there, could be a dead animal, which there are lots of. Drove by a giant monitor lizard that someone ran over today. Horrible!

Ellie....the government here is just so corrupt, it's horrid!

Ninnie 04-23-2009 05:42 AM

My grand son is in high school and takes the course at 15 ( Free) Gets to take the driving part also, so has road experience then. At 16 he can get his license . but will have some restrictions.

Hurry up and come home where you belong! As for the moped, I want one, but you are right a want not a need! Get her the moped and then drive her if you think the roads are not safe. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Ahh , life with a teenager! :D

tlrnhi 04-23-2009 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Terri, almost sounds like a taxi would be cheaper!! Of course she has Mom the taxi!!

Taxis here are VERY expensive! To go from the Kmart to a hotel in Tumon (tourist area) is $30. The drive is about 3 miles. INSANE!!!!

mommaB 04-23-2009 06:08 AM

Regulations aren't too much different than Ohio, except in Ohio a legal guardian has to clock 50 hours of drive time with the kids besides the 8 hrs with an instuctor and the driving school and the temp permit. but then they can drive alone to their hearts content!! What we do for our kids!!!

sharon b 04-23-2009 06:22 AM

Oh My Terri what a pain in butt ! I am surprised you already have your drivers license with all the hoops you have to jump thru :? I understand being careful , but that is crazy :evil:
Sharon

littlehud 04-23-2009 07:09 AM

That's crazy. Someone is making lots of money here and as usual it isn't us.

tlrnhi 04-23-2009 07:19 AM

I can understand all the junk a minor has to go thru, but Courtney is 18 already. Just the way it is here....nothing, and I mean nothing makes sense!