Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Inner ear disturbance...any tips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/inner-ear-disturbance-any-tips-t136841.html)

JanetM 07-11-2011 10:21 AM

I woke up Sunday with an inner ear disturbance. The dizzyness and nausea were overwhelming.

I had this once before and my doctor advised taking a decongestant and dramamine for the nausea. I don't have an ear infection, just an imbalance of the fluid.

Any tips to heal faster???? I feel lousy.

quiltingcandy 07-11-2011 10:25 AM

Did you see an ENT or your family MD?

JanetM 07-11-2011 10:26 AM

No, because I can't drive like this. I'm lucky to be walking.

lfw045 07-11-2011 10:32 AM

Antihistimine.....that will help.....it did me when I ran out of the med my doctor gave me for it.

Painiacs 07-11-2011 10:34 AM

I went to pt for it as I didn't want drugs. They had me sit on side of bed then lie on my side and tilt my head up at 45 degrees for 10-15 sec. Then sit back up straight. Do this 3-4 times then switch sides. Do this 2-3 times a day. It puts the crystals back where they are suppose to be was what was explained to me. Have someone there to help u ESP. If u r dizzy as u don't want to fall, if u have health insurance ask for a script for P.T. To see if it would help.

JanetM 07-11-2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
I went to pt for it as I didn't want drugs. They had me sit on side of bed then lie on my side and tilt my head up at 45 degrees for 10-15 sec. Then sit back up straight. Do this 3-4 times then switch sides. Do this 2-3 times a day. It puts the crystals back where they are suppose to be was what was explained to me. Have someone there to help u ESP. If u r dizzy as u don't want to fall, if u have health insurance ask for a script for P.T. To see if it would help.

Thank you, I am going to give this a try when my husband gets home.

BrendaY 07-11-2011 11:02 AM

I've read about the technique that Painiac describes, too. Maybe if you google tinnitus you'll find more about it there..

It must be an awful feeling for you. If I stand up too fast sometimes I get dizzy for a few seconds. It's stomach churning and no fun...

Hope you get over this quickly..

ptquilts 07-11-2011 11:16 AM

tinnitus is ringing in the ear, the thing you do the exercise for is called BPPV - benign paroxysmal positional vertigo . i have had it, comes and goes - WOW do you feel dizzy when you get it. Room is spinning at about 35mph.

donnajean 07-11-2011 11:21 AM

It happens to me occassionally. About 2 months ago, I woke up with the dizziness as well as loud ringing in my ear. I thought I would have to get to the ENT, but it was a weekend. Just 1 Aleve D worked for me.

azdesertrat 07-11-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
I woke up Sunday with an inner ear disturbance. The dizzyness and nausea were overwhelming.

I had this once before and my doctor advised taking a decongestant and dramamine for the nausea. I don't have an ear infection, just an imbalance of the fluid.

Any tips to heal faster???? I feel lousy.

My doctor told me the same thing and it does work! I use over the counter claritan
He called it benign positional vertigo
I got so dizzy i laid down and moved my head,and the bed was spinning then I got sick.