Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Insomnia and missing hubby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/insomnia-missing-hubby-t147203.html)

MaineGirl76 08-23-2011 01:01 AM

Here it is almost 5am my time and I haven't been to bed yet! I take spells where I have insomnia for several nights in a row, and it doesn't help that hubby is having a boys night at my brother-in-law's camp and I miss him like crazy! I know, I know, sounds crazy to miss him like I do but I can't help it! He drives me crazy most times but I do love him a lot and miss him when he's not home....after over 19years together you would think I wouldn't but I do! :(

Anyone else up at this hour? If so, whatcha doin'up?..lol

Rose L 08-23-2011 01:06 AM

I'm up. I always stay up all night and then take a nap once the sun comes up. I have a sleep disorder. I should be sewing. Just need to put the last border on a quilt for DH. Then I have four that need to be quilted. What do you do all night when you're up?

Nanamoms 08-23-2011 01:09 AM

Well, it's 4 AM here in MS! I do the same thing you do. I won't sleep or sleep very little for several days, then I crash. I don't have a hubby to miss, though. I actually just got invigorated about 10 pm tonight and did a few chores, "decided" what I might want to work on tomorrow (today??) and made a list. I'm very good at lists! LOL I was kinda busy off and on today but around 5 pm, I hit a "crash" and had to lie down. I napped until 10 pm...which is one reason I'm up now but I've found that I have to take sleep as it comes. :(

Airwick156 08-23-2011 01:09 AM

I know what you mean. I suffer from insomnia really bad. It is 2:00 am here in Oregon and I am as wide awake as can be. My husband is upstairs sound asleep sawing logs.
I understand how you miss him alot when hes not home. My husband and I are rarely apart and when we are, I almost have panic attacks. I am very lucky that we get along really well and I love him with all my heart and wouldnt trade him in for the world. When he is in the hospital....oh that is the worst time. I will come home and I will miss him so bad that I will cry. Even if hes only there just overnight. So I am sitting here reading posts and sort of watching TV actually no I am not watching TV. I have it on for the noise and on occasion I glance at it. I am thinking about putting a roast in the crock pot for tomorrows dinner, but if I do that now, the smell of it cooking would wake my husband up and then he would think he had to eat it now instead of waiting for dinner tomorrow. But I will put it in the crockpot tomorrow before I go to my sewing class. :) I hope you do get some sleep soon. :)

Colbaltjars62 08-23-2011 01:10 AM

Got home an hour ago from work. Work was called off on account of rain. Yeah rain!!! LOL...
I understand your not being able to sleep when hubby isn't there. We have only been married for 1 1/2 years but as both of us are on our second marriges, you would think that it wouldn't bother me. But it does.
But cheer up :mrgreen: you still have us!!!!! :thumbup:
:XD:

MaineGirl76 08-23-2011 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L
I'm up. I always stay up all night and then take a nap once the sun comes up. I have a sleep disorder. I should be sewing. Just need to put the last border on a quilt for DH. Then I have four that need to be quilted. What do you do all night when you're up?

I usually clean and then quilt some or work on another type of craft. I hate not being able to sleep at night, it's usually late in the morning or early afternoon before I can sleep. Grrrrrrrr

MaineGirl76 08-23-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I know what you mean. I suffer from insomnia really bad. It is 2:00 am here in Oregon and I am as wide awake as can be. My husband is upstairs sound asleep sawing logs.
I understand how you miss him alot when hes not home. My husband and I are rarely apart and when we are, I almost have panic attacks. I am very lucky that we get along really well and I love him with all my heart and wouldnt trade him in for the world. When he is in the hospital....oh that is the worst time. I will come home and I will miss him so bad that I will cry. Even if hes only there just overnight. So I am sitting here reading posts and sort of watching TV actually no I am not watching TV. I have it on for the noise and on occasion I glance at it. I am thinking about putting a roast in the crock pot for tomorrows dinner, but if I do that now, the smell of it cooking would wake my husband up and then he would think he had to eat it now instead of waiting for dinner tomorrow. But I will put it in the crockpot tomorrow before I go to my sewing class. :) I hope you do get some sleep soon. :)

I know just what you mean! Hubby and I get along very well! We are very rarely apart, and then when we are I get panicky and full anxiety! I know he's having fun which is important to me, and he is just cell phone call away if I need him, but I won't call unless something is seriously wrong, I want him to enjoy himself. But geeeesh the missing him part is hard!

MaineGirl76 08-23-2011 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
Got home an hour ago from work. Work was called off on account of rain. Yeah rain!!! LOL...
I understand your not being able to sleep when hubby isn't there. We have only been married for 1 1/2 years but as both of us are on our second marriges, you would think that it wouldn't bother me. But it does.
But cheer up :mrgreen: you still have us!!!!! :thumbup:
:XD:

YAY for rain!..lol Yeah, our men tend to grow on us....lol

Thank God for this board!!! It's been my saving grace!!!

MaineGirl76 08-23-2011 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Well, it's 4 AM here in MS! I do the same thing you do. I won't sleep or sleep very little for several days, then I crash. I don't have a hubby to miss, though. I actually just got invigorated about 10 pm tonight and did a few chores, "decided" what I might want to work on tomorrow (today??) and made a list. I'm very good at lists! LOL I was kinda busy off and on today but around 5 pm, I hit a "crash" and had to lie down. I napped until 10 pm...which is one reason I'm up now but I've found that I have to take sleep as it comes. :(

I'm like you, I get invigorated late at night on the nights I can't sleep! And then I feel bad because I sleep the day away! Grrrrr it's a no win situation!

Painiacs 08-23-2011 03:03 AM

I don't sleep well because of pain. I'm like Deanna DH and I r rarely seperated. Sometimes I do need a break from him but only for few hrs. I do worry about how.we cope without each other.