Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Inspirational site for a tea party ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/inspirational-site-tea-party-t34162.html)

RedGarnet222 01-14-2010 07:17 PM

My sis is coming to visit later this month and sent me this fun site as a little hint ... LOL! Check it out it is a Alice in Wonderland themed tea party.

http://www.merrimentdesign.com/upper...-tea-party.php

sewjoyce 01-14-2010 07:46 PM

OK, I'm a redneck -- where is the real food??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

amma 01-15-2010 02:14 AM

Very creative :D:D:D

laadw 01-15-2010 12:31 PM

Thanks for the post. I needed some ideas for a tea party I want to throw my mom for her 65th.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-15-2010 03:21 PM

wow...looks great.

RedGarnet222 01-15-2010 04:34 PM

LOL Sewjoyce! We will bring in a bucket of KFC! How's that? I am thinking though this is like a high tea party for snotty ladies.
My sis is infatuated with the Alice in Wonderland movie that is due to come out soon with Johnnie Depp in it. I know... me either. But, she has gone to the level of making art objects and paintings with this as the subject. LOL! I think I will find some things to put in her room just as a kidder for her. Hummm I wonder where I can find a cheshire cat or a bong smoking catapiller??

sewjoyce 01-15-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
LOL Sewjoyce! We will bring in a bucket of KFC! How's that? I am thinking though this is like a high tea party for snotty ladies.
My sis is infatuated with the Alice in Wonderland movie that is due to come out soon with Johnnie Depp in it. I know... me either. But, she has gone to the level of making art objects and paintings with this as the subject. LOL! I think I will find some things to put in her room just as a kidder for her. Hummm I wonder where I can find a cheshire cat or a bong smoking catapiller??

Yep, a bucket of regular KFC would be just great!! I've been to one "tea party" like the one described and this poor hillbilly was so out of her element. I was really uncomfortable and couldn't wait for it to be OVER!! :D And it didn't help any that I was someone's guest and didn't know anyone else and they all ignored me anyone. The woman I went with "forgot" to mention that everyone would be dressed to the nth degree with hats, etc. I felt more like I should have been serving....

Maribeth 01-15-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I've been to one "tea party" like the one described and this poor hillbilly was so out of her element. ...

I consider myself to be quite casual as well, but I love the local tea parties put on by the historical society. They each have a different theme and plenty to read about that particular theme at the party. I always go alone and I am usually very underdressed (mainly cuz I don't own a dress, hehe) and also tend to be ignored because I am usually reading everything in sight and then I am also able to eat more (I love tea sandwiches and desserts) and talk with the staff who are usually more my speed anyway. :lol:

sewjoyce 01-15-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Maribeth

I've been to one "tea party" like the one described and this poor hillbilly was so out of her element. ...

I consider myself to be quite casual as well, but I love the local tea parties put on by the historical society. They each have a different theme and plenty to read about that particular theme at the party. I always go alone and I am usually very underdressed (mainly cuz I don't own a dress, hehe) and also tend to be ignored because I am usually reading everything in sight and then I am also able to eat more (I love tea sandwiches and desserts) and talk with the staff who are usually more my speed anyway. :lol:

Where the heck were you when I was suffering quietly????

Maribeth 01-15-2010 06:47 PM

Where the heck were you when I was suffering quietly????

That was me off to the side with a book in my face, feel free to interrupt me next time.

:-D