Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Interesting Fix Seen on Pinterest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/interesting-fix-seen-pinterest-t258684.html)

joivey 12-26-2014 11:11 AM

When my underwire comes out, I push it back in and put fraycheck where the opening was. Has always worked.

noahscats7 12-26-2014 11:21 AM

Underwire are some of the best fitting bras made. I hate the wire so I clip a small hole and pull the wire out. That is if I wear a bra. LOL. Hate them even worse.

mjhaess 12-26-2014 11:23 AM

Thanks for sharing...

ptquilts 12-26-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mike'sgirl (Post 7021107)
I usually just push the wire back into place and then sew over it the close the hole.

I have been wearing underwire bras since I was 14. I have tried everything for this problem. Also have the problem where they poke your sides even before they come out of the fabric. I tell my DH, "You will never know how good it feels to take your bra off at the end of the day!"

NanaCsews2 12-26-2014 04:34 PM

LOL. I have bought underwire bras and immediately taken out the wire. Absolutely cannot wear wire bras, but some are just too comfortable wireless and too pretty to take back. Once the wire is taken out, they do still have form, but don't poke. Not all brands have wires and wire-free bras in similar styles.

purplefiend 12-26-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 7021235)
I don't wear bras with wire or padding.

Me either!

Anniedeb 12-26-2014 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 (Post 7022363)
LOL. I have bought underwire bras and immediately taken out the wire. Absolutely cannot wear wire bras, but some are just too comfortable wireless and too pretty to take back. Once the wire is taken out, they do still have form, but don't poke. Not all brands have wires and wire-free bras in similar styles.

I'm right there with you!! Will NOT wear wires...never found one that was comfortable. Even had a "custom" fit, with the promise that if I didn't love it, I could return it. I got my $78.00 back!!

linkd 12-27-2014 03:04 PM

I haven't owned a bra without underwires since my early 20s. I've used more moleskin on bras than on my feet! At this point in my life I don't need anymore bulges around my waist... so I keep the girls uplifted. A few years ago my niece (about 16 at the time) needed a dress for a holiday dance. For various reasons she was unable to shop but her mom had found her the perfect dress... but couldn't find a bra that worked. I told her mom (maybe a padded B cup) about underwires . She was also under the impression that they hurt. I told her that that depended a lot on the bra and the fit and gave her the manufacturer and model of my current favorite. Her mom got what I said in 4 different sizes, returned 3 of them and my niece went to the dance. She called later to thank me and I told her not to tell her mom and sister - but skinny girls who only wear bras for decoration don't understand engineering! Her Grandpa (my Dad) was an engineer and also passed down the big rib cage and large breasts from his side of the family.