Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   International Quilt Day. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/international-quilt-day-t182947.html)

DottyD 03-16-2012 01:40 AM

International Quilt Day.

Good Morning all,

I just wanted to wish you all a good International Quilt Day for tomorrow !

Are you doing anything ?

I belong to a group and there will be about 25 of us, gathering in a small church hall.
One of the ladies on the committee is going to make Lasagna and salad, and we have
been asked to make a cake/ cookies - for "afternoon tea".

We are being supplied with red/white/blue fabric to make a block and then they will be
put into two piles and two people will then each win a pile of blocks and will be able to
make a quilt out of them. Such a nice idea.

So that will be in the morning and after our scrummy lunch we can do our "own" thing. I
have several Dear Jane blocks prepped to "hand sew" - that is if I have time after going
round to see what everyone else is doing !!
There will be a trader there and we will also have a raffle.

So, whatever you may be doing - I look on this list as my "international group" and wanted to
wish you all a happy sewing day.

Dot in England, UK.

112 - 7 - 1 - 2808

mltquilt 03-16-2012 02:14 AM

Don't know that I will do any actually quilting tomorrow, but I will be getting ready to go to a quilting retreat on Monday so I will be touching and playing with fabric for projects. May sew just a little since it is National Quilting Day.

mltquilt

Just Me... 03-16-2012 02:33 AM

I will be longarming! :)

momto5 03-16-2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5064203)
I will be longarming! :)

Me, too; trying to play catch-up! Happy Quilting Day Ladies and Gentlemen!

Pam S 03-16-2012 01:15 PM

The local guild (which I have never joined) is having a "quilter's day out" open to the public so I'm going to go and check them out. I was always afraid I wouldn't measure up to their standards. A lady I know in that guild won a first place at Paducah a couple of years ago - if they're all that good, they're way out of my league!

Anael 03-16-2012 02:32 PM

I think tomorrow is just another day here as I don't think it's celebrated here. I haven't heard of anything happening, at least not from the (not so) LQS. After running errands I might sit down and quilt a bit :D
Happy Quilting Day!

jeank 03-17-2012 03:26 AM

I am going to Heritage Village, a county historical village here in Pinellas County Florida for the vintage quilt display. A local guild is doing this for quilting day. And the best part---it's free.

I have been viewing the videos on www.thequitshow.com, they are free this weekend for everybody. Normally a subscripition. This is the site with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.

You have to set up a log in name and password, but no financial info. Then you have access to all the programing for today and tomorrow.

solstice3 03-17-2012 05:31 AM

going to an applique class

MrsWiggs 03-17-2012 05:29 PM

Went to a local quilt show @ the boone county ky extension homemakers. Many wonderful quilts & lots of interesting demos. Now i want to do paper piecing, sashiko, lonestar, etc. So much quilting, so little time!

alikat110 03-17-2012 08:19 PM

Spent my day at the Crater of Diamonds, Arkansas!!! I am exhausted....& did not find anything