Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Iphone5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/iphone5-t201356.html)

quilterj 09-23-2012 05:48 PM

Iphone5

Has anyone gotten the new iPhone? What do you think
of it? Is it any wider or just a little taller? I have th iphone4
and was thinking of going to the 5.

Chasing Hawk 09-23-2012 06:11 PM

I think it's a money sink, just like the Ipods.

I just need a phone that works and takes pictures. That is why I am perfectly happy with my flip phone made by Samsung.

Not one that can do everything but drive the car.

Tartan 09-23-2012 06:18 PM

We wrestled with the decision for the Iphone or Ipad. We finally went with the Ipad because all we needed was a pay as you go simple phone.

Stitchnripper 09-23-2012 06:27 PM

Well to each his own. I love my iPhone 4 and as soon as the 5 shows up again in the Apple Store I will be getting one. Moneysink or not it gives me enormous pleasure because I use it for lots of things, (except driving the car, haha) the least of which is actual phone calling. My son and his partner each got the new iPhone 5s and they can't stop raving about it. It is advertised as being a little taller and lighter than the 4 or 4S. Probably a google search would give you all the info you need.

TexasSunshine 09-23-2012 06:32 PM

I agree with Chasing Hawk, I only want a phone to make phone calls. I have a older flip phone and it is adequate.

MattieMae 09-23-2012 09:24 PM

Money sink? I'd be lost without my iPod for my favorite music and audiobooks. I just transferred the latest Lee Child audiobook and Odd Thomas novel to it. The music CDs and audiobooks are free from the library. I can plug it into my car, alarm clock, speakers or use headphones. It does a lot more, but that's all I use it for.

An iPad is on my Christmas wish list, and when I finally get around to ditching my landline, I'll definitely get the iPhone 5 to replace my old LG.

Chasing Hawk 09-23-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by MattieMae (Post 5536825)
Money sink? I'd be lost without my iPod for my favorite music and audiobooks. I just transferred the latest Lee Child audiobook and Odd Thomas novel to it. The music CDs and audiobooks are free from the library. I can plug it into my car, alarm clock, speakers or use headphones. It does a lot more, but that's all I use it for.

An iPad is on my Christmas wish list, and when I finally get around to ditching my landline, I'll definitely get the iPhone 5 to replace my old LG.

I have the 3rd generation Ipod touch. That's all I need. I don't feel the need to go out and get the latest and greatest version of something that comes out. Our latest venture into the new electronics age is a Laptop...lol

whatever 09-23-2012 10:12 PM

gee do they make phones that you can call out and receive calls on and thats it.... I miss them

MattieMae 09-23-2012 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5536842)
I have the 3rd generation Ipod touch. That's all I need. I don't feel the need to go out and get the latest and greatest version of something that comes out. Our latest venture into the new electronics age is a Laptop...lol

You've got me beat. I'm still using a 4th generation iPod nano from 2008, and just an iMac desktop bought in 2008. ~:(~

quilterj 09-24-2012 01:08 AM

Don't know much about the iPod touch or the iPad. What all
can u do with them? I have a desk top computer. I use my
iphone when I am not near the computer. I think I have
listened to the radio on it when I first got it. Not much of a
music person these days. I did download the bible that is
the only book I read. I haven't never been big with reading
books. But also with my phone I like taking pics when I dont
have my camera with me. I like a phone that takes good pics.