Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   It's April 16th and we are still dealing with bad weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/its-april-16th-we-still-dealing-bad-weather-t245248.html)

Normabeth 04-16-2014 05:15 AM

It's April 16th and we are still dealing with bad weather

Went out to my car this morning and it's frozen over, the grass and plants are all covered in a light dusting of snow.
Is this April or January? I thought we were done with all cold and bad weather in NJ since it reached 80 this past weekend. What is going on with Mother Nature?

Rose Marie 04-16-2014 08:07 AM

The weather is not normal here either. I live in the pines in AZ. Had only one small snow all winter and little rain.
The forest here is suffering.

mrs. fitz 04-16-2014 09:31 AM

Driving home last night at 9 o'clock it was raining hard, cold and nasty. Before I went to bed at abouit 11:30 I looked out the window to see if the rain had stopped and was shocked to see everything except the middle of our street was covered in snow! There's still some in areas that aren't in direct sunlight. Monday night I went to a class wearing only a sweatsuit, no jacket. It's crazy.

lynnie 04-16-2014 10:01 AM

we had snow this am too

NJ Quilter 04-16-2014 10:27 AM

Some snow on the back deck here this AM as well. And the front porch step a sheet of ice. And to think I got dressed in shorts and t-shirt yesterday!

paulswalia 04-16-2014 10:44 AM

Got 2 inches last night and it snowed again this morning, but only a dusting. This follows a 70 degree day on Monday. Good news - back yard which faces west is all melted now. We are hanging on, but only by our fingernails. Global warming, where are you when we want you?

Jingle 04-16-2014 11:26 AM

Was warm here last weekend. This cooler weather started Sunday night and continuing this weekend. Easter Sunday might get rain. I never believed the global warming thing.

Pam B 04-16-2014 02:39 PM

This has been one crazy winter, that's for sure! I am in central IN. We had 72 degrees on Monday. Yesterday it was cold and had snowed. Today is is very windy and (when I came home at 4) the temp was 50. The grass is greening up nicely but we have not had to mow, yet. The farmers (DS, included) are itching to get into the fields but it has been quite wet. I guess it will be interesting to see what this summer brings...I promise I will not complain about the heat!

Luv Quilts and Cats 04-16-2014 02:57 PM

We had snow and ice when I woke up this morning and wind! It never got out of the 40"s here today. Monday we hit were up to 79! I think we may have winter right up the July 4th this year! I truly hope not but it's been a long, cold, snowy winter and it is turning out to be a cold, windy and sometimes snowy spring.

Doggramma 04-16-2014 02:58 PM

I went up north about 2 hours to visit my quilt friend and it was snowing up there. I'm almost afraid of what summer will be like this year.