Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/its-so-f%2Au%2An%2An%2Ay-%7E%7E%7Edo-you-have-t141409.html)

dreamer2009 07-30-2011 11:51 AM

something you remember that makes people laugh.
let's see how many good,
funny thoughts or memories you can find
in your mind to share with others for a good
belly laugh.

Linda1 07-30-2011 11:58 AM

I dropped the glass top to my crock pot and broke it. My GS who was 6 at the time said "Grandma, what are you going to burn the beans in now". Then he kept talking and said "if you burn the house down we will have to stay in a tel hole". It took us a minute but we figured out the word he meant was hotel.

hannajo 07-30-2011 12:49 PM

I'm a nanny for two children. Yesterday morning, being Friday, I didn't have a great selection of clean clothes for myself to choose from. I ended up with green pants and a black & pink shirt. I finished it off with green socks with frogs on them. Not horrible, but not exactly matching either.

Once at work, my pants got a huge hole in the seat. Fortunately, I didn't have to take them outside. When the mom came home 1/2 way through the day, she gave me a beach sarong to cover myself up. It was bright orange with blue, purple, and yellow flowers. When I saw myself in the mirror, I looked pretty ridiculous! Sasha, the 15-month-old, loved the sarong with all the fringes. So we had to tie a scarf around her tush as well. She was wearing purple and got a purple scarf.

Then DH came to pick me up. When I got into the car, he asks, "Why did you run so fast to get to the car?"

This just happened yesterday, but I think I'll be laughing about it for a while.

thequilterslink 07-30-2011 12:50 PM

One day i hurried out of Jo anns, hopped in the car, set the bag at my feet and looked up at a strange man staring at me.. I had got in the wrong car. We both cracked up laughing, well it was the same color and similar body style. He said My wife is never gonna believe this, I said, my husband will LOL

dreamer2009 07-30-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
One day i hurried out of Jo anns, hopped in the car, set the bag at my feet and looked up at a strange man staring at me.. I had got in the wrong car. We both cracked up laughing, well it was the same color and similar body style. He said My wife is never gonna believe this, I said, my husband will LOL

OMG~~~that would have freaked me as I don't have anyone in my car with me often.

charismah 07-30-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink

LMBO!!! That would totally happen to me too!

charismah 07-30-2011 01:22 PM

When I was young and skinny....I used to wear a bikini ( this is before child bearing years)

My friends and I were playing "Marco Polo" in the pool.

Well I lost the top of my suit ( I didn't realize)...I was the blind one yelling Marco polo...so after much snickering and boy laughter...All those teen age boys yellling "Polo"..trying to get me to turn towards them. Jerks!! I was humiliated.....this story pops up every now and again during our summer camp outs because we are all still friends.....

Another time I was depanced on the trampoline during high school....my short were a bit to big and one of the tall guys at the side of the trampoline pulled them down at just the right time ...so I was in my underwear in front of everyone because he had my shorts in his hands....

Humilation once again!

I experienced trauma during those high school years! I never wore those shorts again!

Again that story comes up quite often and camp outs and reunions.

Nobody can remember the positive things..only the really humliating things. oh well.

RUSewing 07-30-2011 01:38 PM

Having 4 teenagers at once challenged my parenting. One day in a tense situation, I told my 16 yr. old son, "You're driving me crazy".

In the same room, my 14 yr. old son said, "Yeah, and that's a pretty short trip."

Dead silence......Then laughter....And a tense situation put into proper perspective and resolved.

cdarts2 07-30-2011 01:44 PM

One day I was subbing for a hearing class of high schoolers. One teenage boy sat diagonally opposite the classroom from me back in the corner of a full class. I explained my deafness and how they should talk with me so I can read lips. That one boy in the corner decided to test me and silently worded a sentence to me. To put him in his place, I replied out loud for all to hear, "I love you, too." He turned red. The class roared with laughter.

dreamer2009 07-30-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
When I was young and skinny....I used to wear a bikini ( this is before child bearing years)

My friends and I were playing "Marco Polo" in the pool.

Well I lost the top of my suit ( I didn't realize)...I was the blind one yelling Marco polo...so after much snickering and boy laughter...All those teen age boys yellling "Polo"..trying to get me to turn towards them. Jerks!! I was humiliated.....this story pops up every now and again during our summer camp outs because we are all still friends.....

Another time I was depanced on the trampoline during high school....my short were a bit to big and one of the tall guys at the side of the trampoline pulled them down at just the right time ...so I was in my underwear in front of everyone because he had my shorts in his hands....

Humilation once again!

I experienced trauma during those high school years! I never wore those shorts again!

Again that story comes up quite often and camp outs and reunions.

Nobody can remember the positive things..only the really humliating things. oh well.

Awwwwwwwwwwww
that is sad :(