Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I've been overwhelmed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ive-been-overwhelmed-t124666.html)

Kimcatlou 05-21-2011 08:07 AM

At age 79 my life has really gone crazy!
First, I am caregiver for a disabled husband. Then, I have been involved in the following recently;

I have promised to make a desk cover with applique for the "gym" at our retirement facility. I will also make things for sale at the annual craft show in Thanksgiving.

Trying to finish a "raggy quilt" for one granddaughter and then make one for another granddaughter.

Made 20 table runners and hemmed 1 bridesmaid dress for another granddaughter's wedding.

Made a special quilted tote bag pieced with animal fabrics and quilted for a granddaughter who just graduated from Veterinary School and is now a "Doctor." I also attended her graduation ceremonies. (Yes, I am beaming with pride!)

Made a pillow with beaver printed fabric for a grandson who just got his masters in Physiology. I chose the fabric because he is very proud of his last name "Beaver."

Will still attend a high school graduation party and a dance recital with her solo for another granddaughter.

Will attend more bridal showers and wedding events for the granddaughter who is getting married.

Hope to go with friends to the beach in June if my husband is able to go. Then, I hope to RELAX for a few days before the other events take place!

b.zang 05-21-2011 08:09 AM

Ah, retirement, the easy life!!!

Where do YOU fit into all of this?

erstan947 05-21-2011 08:10 AM

Mercy me! You have more energy than me:) Keep us posted on your projects:)

blueangel 05-21-2011 08:20 AM

I think you need a vacation away from everything.

Kimcatlou 05-21-2011 08:23 AM

I couldn't agree more that I need a vacation! Hopefully life will eventually slow down. I do stay tired--After the vet school graduation events I slept 13 hours one night!

ssgramma 05-21-2011 08:51 AM

At 59 in a few months I am wishing for your energy! You are crazy busy :-)

MadQuilter 05-21-2011 09:26 AM

If you keep this pace up you won't get old. I on the other hand am tired just reading it all. lol Hope your DH has the strength to make it to the beach with you.

LoriEl 05-21-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Mercy me! You have more energy than me:) Keep us posted on your projects:)

Me, too!

amma 05-21-2011 10:06 AM

WOW! :shock: that is quite a schedule! You run circles around me :D:D:D

amyjo 05-21-2011 10:16 AM

boy I wish I had all your energy. Lately all I have are dizzy spells and don't know what is causing them. I can't take a chance and go out driving to work either. today has to be the worst that I have had it. my daughter was looking on line to see what is causing it -- has to be some reason. I take blood pressure meds , quit taking one that I take at night to help me sleep. am so tired and have no energy to do anything altho last night I did make a stingray costume for my grandson for his last day of school with my new FW that finally came.