Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I've missed all of you on the quilt board!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ive-missed-all-you-quilt-board-t155432.html)

katiescraftshop 09-24-2011 07:51 AM

I have missed all of quilt board fun in the last few months. Things have been extremely crazy. My hubby and I bought my childhood home, we to say it needs only a little work would be a complete understatement. But....you couldn't beat the price and my two boys now have a huge yard to play in, it's a wonderful area, with great schools.

Needless to say I have spent months packing and unpacking boxes (still have quilt stuff to unpack) transfering my oldest to a new school, registering my baby for Pre-K and having my heart ripped out every day the last few weeks when he cries. But he and I will both servive.

We started doing the immediatly needed repairs and will now do what we can as we can afford till it's complete. All in good time.

I'm happy to say I should actually be able to sit at my sewingmachine next week and sew. yippppeee!!!!

I'm also happy to have time to come back and check out what everyone is up to. Happy Fall!!!!

Marykate

DogHouseMom 09-24-2011 07:58 AM

Congratulations!!

Changing homes is one of the most stressful life experiences one can encounter. So make sure that everyone at home (including you as it's usually Mom under the most stress!) has some of their own "me" time to relax and chill in whatever way they feel most comfortable.

Best of luck in your new digs!!

blueangel 09-24-2011 08:01 AM

Yes you deserve some "me" time. You have got the biggest part of moving behind you.

Judith1005 09-24-2011 10:28 AM

congrats on your home. hopefully all will settle down soon and you can enjoy some me time. welcome back.

isnthatodd 09-24-2011 10:31 AM

How neat to have a childhood home to move into. We moved around so much that the longest I lived in a house was about 3 years. We have been in this house 15 1/2 and hope to stay forever.

Honeynga 09-24-2011 10:35 AM

It is so exciting that you have your childhood home, and STILL want to live there ! Where I grew up in inner city Atlanta, GA is now a ghetto big time......I could certainly afford the house we had because it now has no windows, etc., but couldn't afford a 30 high security fence with dogs, lights and guards !

Seriously, moving is always so stressful. I'm moving one apartment over in my bldg and am totally stressed over it. Soon as you get back to sewing and get more a "balance" in your life I'm sure you'll do fine.

Glassquilt 09-24-2011 01:38 PM

So many old memories and so many new ones to make. I'd love to have my childhood home.

jaciqltznok 09-24-2011 02:34 PM

yay for your guys...baby will adjust, they all do!
Happy days for you!

Kim Bohannon 09-24-2011 02:36 PM

congrats on the new home! Happy for you!