Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t209719.html)

createfourpaws 12-31-2012 05:26 AM

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

On January 1st weigh yourself and write it down. Do NOT send it to me. On January 31st weigh yourself again and PM me with your loss. This is weight lost not % lost. I will announce the winner February 3rd.

PM me for address. FQ’s need to be received no later than the 15th of month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit chat is allowed, as well as WAYWO, (what are we working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as that is what keeps us on track. Come to this thread for tips, recipes, encouragement and {{{{HUGS}}}}}}

The prize is a themed FQ. At the end of the month, I will mail all the FQ’s received to the winner by the 5th of the month. I will contact the winner and announce the winner with the number of FQ’s they will receive.

January brings us into the New Year, many of us have been dealing with lots of white….as in the snow. Our theme of the month will be neutrals. Please send quality what you would want to receive. As always if you cannot send the theme fabric please send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the competition, please send the FQ to hostess by the 10th of the month. The winner has worked hard for this reward.

Eat healthy, exercise, try and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign up deadline to be included in the Prize Adventure is January 4th at 9 p.m. CST, with your FQ received by the 15th of month. You can always contribute to the thread, but it is only fair to have a cutoff for those trying to win.

TO PARTICIPATE, JUST SIGN IN HERE ON THIS THREAD BEFORE JANUARY 4TH. THERE IS NO NEED TO PM FOR PARTICIPATION, JUST YOUR ENDING WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE MONTH.

You must sign into the thread at least weekly to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters" or to be declared "best loser for the month."

Lstew2212 12-31-2012 05:41 AM

I am going to try this. I love FQ's so this might be an incentive.

Shadowirish 12-31-2012 07:28 AM

I'm in again. Dec wasn't great for losing but hey I did lose and that's a good thing!

Vanogay 12-31-2012 07:38 AM

I'm in for January. Only lost 2 pounds during the holidays, but gained back one, so a total of one lost. guess that's good (I keep remembering how much that is in butter - 1# of butter lost - or lard, perhaps) Anyway, a loss is a loss. I have right at 25# left to go, so it's getting harder and harder. I need the incentive. FQ will be in Wednesday's mail.

createfourpaws 12-31-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 5751896)
I am going to try this. I love FQ's so this might be an incentive.

Welcome Lisa, this is a fun group. Feel free to share what you are working on or anything you wish to share.

meanmom 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

I'm in again. I guess I need to face the scale to weigh in now. My GS is here and he is a grazer..... he is killing my weight loss. My DD is also here and is pregnant. SHe eats non stop too. Her DH is skin and bones and eats whatever isn't moving. They have been here for 2 weeks. While I love them and the visit they are NOT good to have around for weight loss. SIL was hungry last night and left to get more beer he came home with pizza and ice cream.

Vanogay 12-31-2012 10:11 AM

Meanmom, HOpefully, it was right around dinner time and you could have a piece of pizze for dinner - and the ice cream was a flavor you don't particularly like, so can pass on that?????

Pam H 12-31-2012 11:21 AM

I'm in for January.
Meanmom, I know what you mean. House guests and one of them pregnant. I am amazed at how much food my daughter eats!

Painiacs 12-31-2012 11:48 AM

Ok imin! My first! Hard to lose wt as im on steroids but sounds fun!!:-)

Tothill 12-31-2012 11:57 AM

Oh, can a Canadian join in?

DH and I both need incentive to lose weight. Dh doctor told him to lose 60 pounds in 2013. Dr. wants him to lose 5 pounds per month. I need to lose at least 60 pounds realistically I should lose 80 pounds. Baby steps, if I can manage 5 pounds per month I will be a happy camper.

I will weigh in on January 2nd, as I will be back at work where we have a medical scale. The one at home is not at all accurate. If you get on and off it the weight varies by up to 7 pounds.