Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January weight loss 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-weight-loss-2016-a-t273870.html)

Jim's Gem 01-02-2016 02:13 PM

I am in for January!

Leann 01-03-2016 07:57 AM

No weight loss in December for me, up several pounds but it could have been worse. I'm off to a good start for January tho! Best wishes everyone!

nancia 01-03-2016 01:48 PM

well, i've done this wrong already! i started 2 days before new year's, just cutting back, and leaving the meal just a little bit hungry. sounds like a good start, except, i don't have a scale so i didn't get a start weight. guess i won't be trying for the fabric. the important thing is that i lose weight and get healthy. like i need more fabric, yeah, right. ok, i know you can't see me pouting. so i had just better pull up my big girl panties, and keep on keeping on. if my big girl panties are falling down that's a sure sign i'm losing weight, right? a reason to smile! no wonder i'm bi-polar. lollololol'

pinkflowers 01-03-2016 01:58 PM

Sounds like this will motivate me! Count me in!

meanmom 01-03-2016 03:54 PM

Nancy you could just weigh yourself now. I am having a hard time getting back on track. I have eaten so much junk the last couple of weeks I am surprised I'm not sick. I only gained 3 pounds in December, which is a shock. I have been doing a spinning class 3 days a week and some walking which I guess has saved me from it being worse. I was eating candy this afternoon. It is one of my favorites. I threw the rest of it in the trash. I was sitting here thinking that it is in a bag it would still be good. OMG! I think i am crazy. I went and put it down the garbage disposal.
I go back to work tomorrow so I won't be around the goodies all day. Most of them are gone anyway. Hopefully not too many people will bring things in to work. I eat at the last lunch time so most of the good stuff is gone by the time I get in there.

Annaquilts 01-03-2016 06:53 PM

I am in for January. Is it time again to send in new FQs?

meanmom 01-03-2016 08:44 PM

Yes time for a new batch of FQ. January theme is brights. I could use some suggestions for Feb and March.

nancia 01-03-2016 08:55 PM

fEBRUARY-- wild animals march-- greens
now i have to go buy a scale. well, in for a prnny, in for a pound!

Jcarpentier 01-04-2016 11:51 AM

Hi. I am new to this and was wondering if you have done any polka dots lately? Not sure what else you could do though, maybe flowers?

ILoveToQuilt 01-04-2016 02:43 PM

Possible FQ themes: Batiks only, Geometric prints (dots, stripes, other shapes), Juvenile fabrics, Solids, Holiday themed, Patriotic, "Ugly" (fabrics that you think are "ugly"...often beautiful to others), Civil War prints, 1930's prints...

Just a few of my ideas. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everyone in January!