Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jennifer-chiaverini-%22elm-creek-quilt-novels%22-t160220.html)

Thumbilena 10-14-2011 06:50 AM

The Aloha Quilt was my favorite and I have the whole series, I have to admit the last two were a little hard to get through. You can get the whole list off of her web site.

Robinlee 10-14-2011 07:12 AM

I have read and enjoyed each and everyone. Started reading them just have the first one was published. I am usually the first on the waiting list at the library for the next one to come out. Can't wait to read the the The Wedding Quilt.

Tudey 10-14-2011 07:13 AM

I think I have read them all at least twice! Jennifer makes her characters so interesting, you can't help but be drawn into that world!

mimee4 10-14-2011 07:15 AM

I have read all of them, too. Thanks for letting us know a new one is coming out in November - I'll watch for it.

grammysharon 10-14-2011 07:19 AM

I have bought and read all the series but am patiently awaiting her new novel coming out in November, I think!!!!!

Originally Posted by sandrab64
I am SO enjoying the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini! They are interesting, unique, and just a nice clean read. If you read the first one "The Quilter's Apprentice", I guarantee you'll want to read all the rest!

:wink: :P :wink:

gramtam 10-14-2011 07:26 AM

I have read them too, very good read!! I got mine on Amazon.com and even the used books which inexpensive compared to regular price come to me in good condition!! I share all my books with the other gals in my family so it is a good investment, just make sure your name is in it so you get it back!! lol!!

WMUTeach 10-14-2011 07:31 AM

I always go to the library first for all of my books. It is a nice walk away from the sewing and then I can often find them on CD . I walk home pop in the CD and return to quilting with a book to keep me company.

I also hesitate to purchase books because of the cost but I have a son that works at Barnes and Noble. He will get me books once a year when the employee discount is available. My list grows for 12 months and then watch out! That is how I got all of the Elm Creek Books and several of the Elm Creek quilt pattern books. Lucky me!

Phyllis42 10-14-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by LUANNH
Do you need to read theese in order? If so is their a list to know thhe order. I want to read them so I want to read them in the right order so I don't get more confused than I already am LOL. Where is the best place to purchase them? Thanks for any info

There is an order ... posted on her website. I've read them thru The Aloha Quilt. Now I'm looking for used paperbacks for a Christmas gift for a friend.

smcfadden 10-14-2011 08:02 AM

I love them too. The first one I read was about the runaway slave (can't remember the name). So interesting!

grannypat7925 10-14-2011 08:13 AM

I have read several. They are addictive! Love her writing!