Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joann's patterns sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joanns-patterns-sale-t284619.html)

sewingsuz 12-21-2016 10:17 AM

Joann's patterns sale

I want to share this with you because it was so easy. When I got the flyer from Joann's fabric and saw they were having Simplicity patterns 5 for Five Dollars, I live 120 miles round trip from there so. I went on my computer and went into The pattern Co wed site and looked up patterns and wrote them down. When I went there to shop I just go to the patterns and get the ones I want out of the draw. There was only one on my list that was all gone. Saves so much time to look at and go elsewhere for shopping. I bought the flannel for my blouse and then the next time I went, I got my pattern. Those patterns are 16.95 and up now.

jbj137 12-21-2016 10:54 AM

*** I agree the $1. sales are the only time to buy patterns.
*** But have not looked for them on the web (will do now).
*** I have tons that I may never use, but thought I would.
*** When I started sewing patterns were 29 cents.

Grampz 12-21-2016 10:58 AM

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing it!

toverly 12-21-2016 11:25 AM

Wow, what a terrific idea. Thank you! Sometimes I love the comradery at the pattern table but ever since the moved it up by the cutting table at my store, it's just too busy. I'll definitely use this next time.

rusty quilter 12-21-2016 11:42 AM

I will be doing that from now on as well. What a great idea:)

lynnie 12-21-2016 01:44 PM

i remember when i was a teen, i wouldn't buy a pattern if it was more than a dollar.
Have you seen the price of vogue patterns. some of them are up to $27!!!!!
My cloths patterns are so old, i just update them with a collar or cuff. but mostly
buy my cloths now. to pricy to make them anymore. isn't that sad?

Pegasus 12-21-2016 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 7723661)
I want to share this with you because it was so easy. When I got the flyer from Joann's fabric and saw they were having Simplicity patterns 5 for Five Dollars, I live 120 miles round trip from there so.

You can call the store and ask for a manager to do what's called a "send sale." They take your payment over the phone and ship the items to your house (shipping would be extra, but probably less than the cost of gas!). That can be an easier way to get things you don't need to see in person first.

yngldy 12-21-2016 06:00 PM

I do that too! So much easier to shop at home. Some patterns are almost the same, so you can take the time to compare the difference. When at the store, I would have to wait to use the book for the pattern company that was on sale. Also, kids sit at the tables and it is hard sometimes to concentrate. (Don't get me wrong, I like kids.) And I usually take one day a week to run errands, so I want to get in and out quickly to get the rest of the errands run. So glad they have them online!

susie-susie-susie 12-22-2016 05:48 AM

I am amazed at the price of patterns. I usually hit the sales when I need something. The only good thing is that now they have several sizes in each envelope. I used to sew my girls clothing and dresses when they were small. I have 3 and they are 17 months apart. I liked to dress them alike and got lots of compliments. Gone are the days that sewing saved money and I had many patterns in 3 sizes all alike. Even then it was a money saver. History lesson over for today. lol
Sue

pal 12-22-2016 10:27 AM

Thanks for the info. It is so disappointing to spend time looking through the books and then find that they don't
have the pattern. This is a great way to save time and trauma.