Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joe's Crab Shack -- Anyone been there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joes-crab-shack-anyone-been-there-t196716.html)

nygal 08-05-2012 04:04 AM

They are building the restaurant right now in a city nearby. My adult children can't wait to go. I know my dh and I will try it out since we love all kinds of seafood and serve it often at our house. The loud noise may be a factor since my dh wears hearing aids..so I know he won't like the noise but I'm sure he'll give it a try.

alwayslearning 08-05-2012 06:47 AM

We have been a couple of times, but last time we left as no one waited on us. My husband likes the food and we do not have many sea food options. I do not like it as it is too noisy. It is for a younger crowd.

Sheila_H 08-05-2012 09:06 AM

We had them in OK and I loved going to them you do get a pretty large portion of food I think it averages to that of Red Lobster. Yes they do tend to be noisy but the atmosphere is always that of happy people it's worth it I think. I love their shrimp platters and also the food was always nice and hot not warm like some other restaurants.

QuiltMania 08-05-2012 09:24 AM

I've been to the one near where I live and I will never go back. Extremely loud, uncomfortably so, and then they turned on this strobe type of light right above our table. They seemed truly bewildered when we asked them to turn it off because these type of lights trigger migraines for my mom and me. Eventually they did turn it off. The food was overpriced and not good. My DH mussels were filled with grit because they were not properly prepped. My rice was hard and chewy as was the supposedly fresh batch that they brought me when I complained.

ufoqueen 08-05-2012 11:10 AM

We go once every several months, love the view, right on the water, great food, maybe pricey, depending on what you order, I personally love the dancing. Here, when a birthday is announced, the birthday person is rigged up like a seagull and walks around flapping their wings, (menus) and other patrons are told "don't feed the seagulls". We always enjoy ourselves, of course we live on the south Texas coast, so what's not to enjoy? Have a great trip.

sassey 08-05-2012 03:18 PM

i love their food if you order one of the bucket deals you get to much delicious food Noise and strobe lights bother me so I usually go late for lunch or early for dinner when it is nice and quiet

sewgull 08-05-2012 03:40 PM

Good food. Prices are comparable to most resturants, reasonable prices.

amandasgramma 08-05-2012 03:49 PM

Thank you EVERYONE! DH just saw the menu --- we're going to the crab shack!! LOL I think we'll do like Sassey and go earlier in the evening......

Thanks again -- YUMMMY I can't wait!

nativetexan 08-05-2012 05:12 PM

May I go too? I have tried and tried to get my hubby to go. sigh. I also tried to get him to Papadeaux's (sp). Oh well we can't afford to eat out now that I'm out of work again. have fun!!!

Rose_P 08-05-2012 06:57 PM

It's a chain, and we haven't been to one in years, but weren't that impressed. I think their prices around here are a little higher than Red Lobster, and the noise level was deafening. If I were going to a seaside area, I think I'd look around for a local place. I sometimes suspect that the big chains will park a restaurant near an ocean and then serve you seafood that was caught (or farmed) in some other ocean and frozen for a couple of months before it landed on your table. (Can't say if that's true of Joe's, of course).