Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jointed 18" dolls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jointed-18-dolls-t274411.html)

cindyb 01-12-2016 07:49 AM

Jointed 18" dolls
 
I have been sewing doll clothes for my granddaughters (4) for a few years. We try on the clothes and try sitting them on their chairs only to have them fall off because the legs stick straight out. It's very annoying for all of us. I want to buy them an 18" doll with jointed knees. That's the way Barbies were made in my day. When I google, it comes up with vintage or these dolls that have the darkened eyes (alternative? scary). I don't want either of these. Has anyone found a cute doll like this? (Resembling the American Girl Doll, of course)

SewExtremeSeams 01-12-2016 08:02 AM

I sew for my granddaughter also. I have not seen any that have jointed legs or arms. I have a stand for my doll and for my DGD's doll.

dunster 01-12-2016 08:20 AM

http://samanthasdolls.com/kidzncats/index-knc_dolls.htm

Wow, they are pricey. But then I haven't priced dolls for a VERY long time.

QuiltnNan 01-12-2016 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7431702)
http://samanthasdolls.com/kidzncats/index-knc_dolls.htm

Wow, they are pricey. But then I haven't priced dolls for a VERY long time.

thanks for the link... these are really beautiful dolls... and isn't Robert just as precious as can be!
http://samanthasdolls.com/kidzncats/2015/robert.htm

QuiltnNan 01-12-2016 12:35 PM

looks like they are a little less expensive on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Soul-Kid.../dp/B00JSZCUWE

ManiacQuilter2 01-12-2016 12:36 PM

I only had a Patty Playpal doll and a Barbie so neither doll had any "knees".

SunlitenSmiles 01-13-2016 04:28 AM


Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 7431666)
I have been sewing doll clothes for my granddaughters (4) for a few years. We try on the clothes and try sitting them on their chairs only to have them fall off because the legs stick straight out. It's very annoying for all of us. I want to buy them an 18" doll with jointed knees. That's the way Barbies were made in my day. When I google, it comes up with vintage or these dolls that have the darkened eyes (alternative? scary). I don't want either of these. Has anyone found a cute doll like this? (Resembling the American Girl Doll, of course)

there is a video on line....all the eye make-up and lipstick on the bratz dolls can be removed with fingernail polish remover and then repainted as non make-up then voila! you have a jointed doll that looks like a pre-teen.

cindyb 01-13-2016 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 7432454)
there is a video on line....all the eye make-up and lipstick on the bratz dolls can be removed with fingernail polish remover and then repainted as non make-up then voila! you have a jointed doll that looks like a pre-teen.

Hmmm This is very interesting. Thank you to everyone that took time to respond. We also use the stand so the dolls don't slip all over when we have tea parties. I was hoping to start shopping for next Christmas and match their hair and eyes to make little mini's of them. Then I wanted to name them spelling their own name backwards. Gosh, dolls are so expensive.

MargeD 01-13-2016 09:49 AM

Oh my, I just went to a site mentioned by dunster, and as much as I love my DGD, there is no way I could or would pay that much for a doll. I lucked out this year when a friend was getting divorced and her only child, didn't take all her Barbie dolls, Ken and friends, as well as an American Girl doll that came with clothes, wardrobe, desk, brass bed and cradle. Thank God for the barter system, I only have to make a queen size quilt for her. I think I need to make shams, pillows, etc., etc. as she gave me a wonderful opportunity to give our DGD something we could never afford and she loved it at Christmas. I kept the cradle and wrought iron/wooden desk and I'm making new bedding for it, didn't like the black/white striped bedding. Now, in the words of my dear SIL, I need to make her one heck of a quilt, hope I'm up to the challenge. I thank God every day for my dear friends who have been there for me in times of need, love, hugs and encouragement.. God bless them every one.

Ladibug 01-15-2016 10:17 PM

I found this online post from 11/2013. http://www.amomstake.com/2013/11/springfield-collection-affordable-18-inch-dolls-review/

She reviewed a certain jointed 18" doll called the Springfield Affordable Doll Collection. I looked that doll line up and found it at this site ( I have no connection to either links, just wanting to help.) http://store.springfielddolls.com/dolls.html





All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:03 AM.



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.