Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   JOKE: Tommy and Jenny (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joke-tommy-jenny-t142132.html)

butterflywing 08-02-2011 01:35 PM

Tommy, 85, married Jenny, a lovely 25 year old.

Since her new husband is so old, Jenny decides that
after their wedding she and Tommy should have separate bedrooms, because she is concerned that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spend the entire night together.

After the wedding festivities Jenny prepares herself for bed and the expected knock on the door. Sure enough the knock comes, the door opens and there is Tommy, her 85 year old groom, ready for action. They unite as one. All goes well, Tommy takes leave of his bride, and she prepares to go to sleep.

After a few minutes, Jenny hears another knock on her bedroom door, and it's Tommy, Again he is ready for more 'action'. Somewhat surprised, Jenny consents for more coupling. When the newlyweds are done, Tommy kisses his bride, bids her a fond good night and leaves.

She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it - Tommy is back again, rapping on the door and is as fresh as a 25-year-old, ready for more 'action'. And, once more they enjoy each other.

But as Tommy gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, 'I am thoroughly impressed that at your age you can perform so well and so often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were only good once. You are truly a great lover, Tommy.'
Tommy, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Jenny and says: 'You mean I was here already?'

The moral of the story:

Don't be afraid of getting old, Alzheimer's has its advantages.

jljack 08-02-2011 01:36 PM

LOL LOL LOL!!! Loved it!!

Jan in VA 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

GOOD ONE!! 8-) :-D :mrgreen:

Jan in VA

DebraK 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Alzheimer's jokes are sad. It doesn't work that way. Let's do cancer next.

blueangel 08-02-2011 02:10 PM

Love it

Jan in VA 08-02-2011 06:03 PM

If we don't laugh at ourselves, our foibles and mistakes, our embarrassments and hurts, our eccentricities and fears, then there's not much left but tears. Life can be a serious matter, but *we* don't have to be.

Rarely do jokes, stories, gimmicks like this intend hurt or harm. Everyone knows about the issue of alzheimers, none of us feel less than an amount of fear of it being in our own lives if we have no firsthand knowledge of it.

This particular topic was very generic and so obviously not intended to offend. Let's not focus on minimizing the things we can talk about, but on expanding the acceptance of what each of us has to say, even if it's close to home or personally unpleasant.

Jan in VA

RenaB 08-02-2011 06:10 PM

OH MY GOSH, I just about choked on some water I was drinking. That was too funny!!!

bodie358 08-02-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
If we don't laugh at ourselves, our foibles and mistakes, our embarrassments and hurts, our eccentricities and fears, then there's not much left but tears. Life can be a serious matter, but *we* don't have to be.

Rarely do jokes, stories, gimmicks like this intend hurt or harm. Everyone knows about the issue of alzheimers, none of us feel less than an amount of fear of it being in our own lives if we have no firsthand knowledge of it.

This particular topic was very generic and so obviously not intended to offend. Let's not focus on minimizing the things we can talk about, but on expanding the acceptance of what each of us has to say, even if it's close to home or personally unpleasant.

Jan in VA

Well said Jan, I agree.

hazeljane 08-02-2011 07:19 PM

My husband, who does not have Alzheimers, but does have a really bad short term memory, jokes about himself like this. He frequently "loves" new dishes that he can not remember ever having before, though I have made them before. For him. He says he's just like a baby duck, every day is new!

Boopers 08-02-2011 07:26 PM

bodie358 and Jan in VA, I so whole heartily agree with both of you. My mother is 91 and in a nursing home. She is the one that tells the 'old foggie' jokes and the forgetful tales. She says "if you can't chuckle about it all then you might as well crawl into a hole and forget all about life except "I'm to crippled to crawl." Her words.