Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Journey of my latest Nancy's Notions package (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/journey-my-latest-nancys-notions-package-t92776.html)

lots2do 01-22-2011 10:11 AM

Thought I'd share this. First off, though, I have to saw that I've ordered many times from Nancy's Notions and always have been very pleased with my purchases. But this is a funny situation...

Order was shipped from WI on 1/12. Made it to a Fed Ex station in Massachusetts, made it to my own home town, then went up the highway a bit to a town about 45 minutes away from here, then went to New Jersey, now it's on its way from another town in Massachusetts (as of 1/20). I don't know if the snow has played a part in all of this but it is making me curious.
I'll be glad when it makes it here!
lots2do

np3 01-22-2011 10:12 AM

I am always amazed when this happens! Hope it gets there soon!

amma 01-22-2011 10:19 AM

LOL that is quite a journey :D
I have heard of this happening with other packages, but thankfully not a really common occurance.

One pkg a friend sent, traveled all over the eastern half of the USA before finding it's way home LMBO It was comical following it from state to state, we were taking bets on which direction it was going to head next :D:D:D

scowlkat 01-22-2011 10:23 AM

Wow your package has traveled more in a few days than I have in a year! I am jealous!

nativetexan 01-22-2011 10:53 AM

ha,ha. all our mail in Colorado, fedex or usp too i think -go to Tennesse before being sent back here to go to the next town!! odd.

sewwhat85 01-22-2011 11:05 AM

lol

jajudd24 01-22-2011 11:23 AM

Instead of traveling pants...we now have the Traveling Order.....just adding humor....never know where things will end up now adays.

The Creative Seamstress 01-22-2011 11:26 AM

Logistics is always a funny thing. For example with Fedex you could send an overnight package from lets say Atlanta to within another address in Atlanta (which should make it very easy right) but it still has to go through their main processing hub in Tennessee... and so it will leave Atlanta only to come back to it. I guess that's how their earn their shipping and handling fees, LOL. At least I know those sky high prices get my package a free trip somewhere in the USA or elsewhere in the world without me!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

mom-6 01-22-2011 11:29 AM

I don't know if this is still the case, but years ago I had a boyfriend who lived out in the country from a small town about 20 miles from the larger town I lived in. If we wrote each other letters (which teenagers did back then) it took as much as two weeks for them to be delivered. First it went to our PO, then to Waco, then to Dallas, then to Corsicana, then to the PO in his little town, then to his RFD box at their farm or vice versa. I got letters from him for a couple of weeks after we broke up!

carhop 01-22-2011 01:40 PM

my DS delivers flour and when NC was snowed in and nothing was moving he had to deliver flour to thw customer so they could make the product and truck it to NC my question to my DS was how is it going to get there