Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

trkrsyf 05-31-2011 06:25 AM

I have been waiting patiently for June 1 and now I get to enjoy all the support and encouragement this group lovingly gives. I also need someone to be accountable to, because otherwise I procrastinate. So here goes, count me in! Oh, by the way, the fat quarters are icing on the cake.

trkrsyf 05-31-2011 06:26 AM

I have been wondering the same thing. I'd like to know as well on how to get the weight loss meter attached to my messages.

NannySandy 05-31-2011 06:37 AM

Im in again. Welcome to all the newbies. Good luck everyone. Sandy

trkrsyf 05-31-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by trkrsyf
I have been wondering the same thing. I'd like to know as well on how to get the weight loss meter attached to my messages.

As you can see, I figured it out.

irishrose 05-31-2011 07:00 AM

I'm in and I'm a chocolaholic.

trkrsyf 05-31-2011 07:59 AM

Has anyone here ever heard or read the book Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan?

redkimba 05-31-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm in and I'm a chocolaholic.

I'm in also, and I adore chocolate - I've actually planned out days where I save up Weight watcher points to include chocolate. :-D

Rita's mom 05-31-2011 08:26 AM

I'm in again, can't quit now I still have a long way to go!May didn't go as well as it should have, too many birthdays and dinners, and letting myself slack off!....oh and WAY too many conversations with myself about wanting to eat stuff I don't need! But my goal for June is to get back on track and quit looking for an excuse to slack off! and this month I am going to seriously add some kind of real exercise. I hate it but I know that is the next step that I have to do. I should of done it from the start but didn't so that is my main focus starting this month.

Glad to see all of the new people joining. This is a good place for encouragement!:)

Oh I almost forgot, Sandy and I had a conversation about how much I HATE having my picture taken and avoid it at all costs. Well after a baby shower for my niece we were taking pictures of our four girls together and some dumb person in the crowd....oh ya it was my MIL! LOL, dcided to take pictures of each family. Grrrr.... :evil: Someone took some on my camera and even though I hate the picture I could see my weight loss! Still hate the pictures but I can see that I have lost weight so that part was good. I know it is hard to get started and sometimes hard to stay motivated but you start getting little rewards along the way. I am going to start writing the rewards down so when I feel like slacking off I can go read what what the good things to come from this have been and stay motivated. I think it is too easy to forget the good things when we need motivation to keep going so I am keeping a journal type book of all my thoughts and reasons for doing this. There are some posts on earlier months about this, a couple of ladies on here came up with the idea and I think it really helps.

Radiana 05-31-2011 08:41 AM

I'm in and very serious about it this time. I'm afraid to even weigh myself because I know I've put on weight in the last two weeks. I know it's going to freak me out when I do but I've got to face reality.

I'll be taking a new approach this time.........I'll stay focused on all the healthy delicious foods I can enjoy and not worry about the junk I shouldn't be eating.

Leann 05-31-2011 08:51 AM

Looking forward to the new month. Not sure if I'm participating or not. I will miss everyone too much.

But I am at least officially marking my spot to lurk.

This group is contagious.