Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just being a dog (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-being-dog-t226896.html)

sassey 07-30-2013 05:50 PM

I almost lost my boxer when she was a pup she got into the KFC box and had a feast 2 vets lots of special food and care she didnt die however after that we had to be more careful but she would still beg for chicken

mary quilting 07-30-2013 05:52 PM

we had a dog that stole our Sunday roast and ate the whole thing I loved that dog but not that day.

lovelyl 07-31-2013 04:35 AM

I was feeding my outdoor cats and placed a small (about 6 lb.) bag of cat food on the porch. A raccoon came up on the porch, grabbed the bag and ran into the woods! My DH and I were so shocked we just stood there with our mouths open!

auntpiggylpn 07-31-2013 05:46 AM

My 9 yo Shepherd/Akta mix BG opened the bottom freezer section of our refrigerator and stole a WHOLE rack of baby back ribs we had smoked. She ate every last bit of them! Luckily, if your pet is going to eat meat with bones in it, baby back ribs are the ones they should eat (according to our vet). She didn't suffer any consequences except for the "scoots" for a day and a half. She passed all the bones without a problem. We weren't too pleased that we lost a $40 piece of meat though! Our freezer now has a baby lock on it. :D

quiltsRfun 07-31-2013 05:52 AM

My beagle opened a cabinet door, got out a bottle of spaghetti sauce, pried off the lid and ate the whole jar of sauce!

tessagin 07-31-2013 05:53 AM

We have a utility pantry that I keep my waste basket (13 gal)in. our one girl Bridget would like to get into it but cannot since we are able to keep the door closed.

tessagin 07-31-2013 06:10 AM

We keep our dog food in a large tote eventhough it's in the house. But my aunt has animals she feeds outdoors and she keeps the food in tightly sealed large totes/bins. They seal any airholes with duct tape.

MaggieLou 07-31-2013 06:44 AM

Sounds typical of most dogs. We had a sable shepherd that managed to get a sealed cake taker off the table, open it and eat all of a chocolate cake. We never did figure out how she got it open and managed to eat all of it and never left a spot on my silk area rug.

cherrio 07-31-2013 07:26 AM

yeah, tried that one summer. the doggone squirrels chewed through the plastic bin and had a party. no more. now the dogs have to eat in the kitchen like the rest of us.

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6206802)
We keep our dog food in a large tote eventhough it's in the house. But my aunt has animals she feeds outdoors and she keeps the food in tightly sealed large totes/bins. They seal any airholes with duct tape.

quiltmau 07-31-2013 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 6206985)
yeah, tried that one summer. the doggone squirrels chewed through the plastic bin and had a party. no more. now the dogs have to eat in the kitchen like the rest of us.

same happened to us last winter-ditch the lid and use the bin for miscellaneous junk. Darn dog just watched them do it. She barks at the deer but the squirrels are her friends!! LOL!!