Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-curious-my-laptop-qb-t166317.html)

Mad Mimm 11-05-2011 11:53 AM

Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB?

I just want to check in and see if I am having laptop issues or not. Yesterday and today, when I clicked to get on the quilting board (using a bookmark in my favorites menu and also doing a yahoo search and clicking that link) I got the "We are redecorating..." message and could not access the board. I just now was able to do it on my desktop computer downstairs. So I am wondering - was the board down again after being back up or do I have a funky thing going on with my laptop?

thanks to anyone who takes two seconds to answer.

Patrice - no complaints about the board from me. I like the new board just wanted to know if the computer gods are messing with my head again. :) Thanks!

QuiltnLady1 11-05-2011 12:06 PM

I am on a laptop and have n ot had the problem. I am wondering if you just happened to try to connect when they were doing an update -- there have been a number of changes that I have noticed and they may have to block access to do them.

sharon b 11-05-2011 12:14 PM

I have had no problems after the first day - maybe the gremlins playing with your computer ?

QuiltnNan 11-05-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4636901)
I just want to check in and see if I am having laptop issues or not. Yesterday and today, when I clicked to get on the quilting board (using a bookmark in my favorites menu and also doing a yahoo search and clicking that link) I got the "We are redecorating..." message and could not access the board. I just now was able to do it on my desktop computer downstairs. So I am wondering - was the board down again after being back up or do I have a funky thing going on with my laptop?

thanks to anyone who takes two seconds to answer.

Patrice - no complaints about the board from me. I like the new board just wanted to know if the computer gods are messing with my head again. :) Thanks!

there have been a couple of times when just some of their servers were down... so some were able to stay connected and others were not. i was one of the ones not able one day :(

sewwhat85 11-05-2011 01:34 PM

i have not had any problems but not here as much

Kas 11-05-2011 01:41 PM

This is the first time I have been able to even access the board. Thank goodness my email still came to notify me of PMs. I was able to enter the site that way, but before that, neither my saved link in my favorites or googling the site would get me anything other that the "We are under construction" page. I was so frustrated!

Peckish 11-05-2011 01:49 PM

My laptop remembers and auto-fills the URLs I visit most often, and every time I try to visit using that old link, I get the redecorating message. However, when I type it in manually, I get the new, improved board. So what I did was bookmark the main page.

You can also get the new improved board by typing "quiltingboard.forum.com" - apparently you need the "forum" in there.

Mad Mimm 11-05-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 4637422)
My laptop remembers and auto-fills the URLs I visit most often, and every time I try to visit using that old link, I get the redecorating message. However, when I type it in manually, I get the new, improved board. So what I did was bookmark the main page.

You can also get the new improved board by typing "quiltingboard.forum.com" - apparently you need the "forum" in there.

Thanks for the tip. I just tried again, have entered it manually and off yahoo and my bookmarks and the gremlins on my laptop won't let me in. I just logged in on my desktop and have my husband trying the url you have given above. Wish me luck!

I have spent the last few days in serious withdrawal - apparently unnecessarily!!! Oh well, that which does not kill you... right??? ;)

Thanks everyone!

QUILTNMO 11-05-2011 05:04 PM

havent had any problems

Shelbie 11-05-2011 05:12 PM

My main computer gave me the same message and my laptop would let me in. I had to re-enter the address on my main computer and re-book mark it to get on the board.