Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just down in the dumps!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-down-dumps-t26252.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-29-2009 06:55 PM

Been there, lived that. It stinks.

pocoellie 09-29-2009 08:01 PM

Sorry to hear you're in the dumps. It's too bad you're trying to sell in this market. We tried for a year and a half, we finally ended up trading. Much smaller "house" but much more acreage. I enjoyed being by myself, but I also had a detached sewing room, so when show time came, I did just have to clean the sewing area. Enjoy your time, because when you do sell and buy another house, you'll be too busy working on putting your touches to it, that you won't have time to quilt. Good luck.

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 08:27 PM

Been there, done that for the past 23 years, doing it now.
Hang in there!!!

amandasgramma 09-29-2009 09:11 PM

ohhhh - I know just how you feel!!! :cry: Have you heard of the St. Joseph statue that helps you sell homes? You can do a google search and find one. I'm here to swear to you it REALLY works! I had to sell a split level home....my DH was so sick he couldn't climb the stairs. We'd had the house on the market for 2 yrs with no bites....within 7 days of "planting" the St. Joseph, we had 3 buyers and a bidding war. Actually sold the home for more than we'd had it listed at! Just a thought....check it out.

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 09:18 PM

Yes, the St Joseph statue REALLY works!
Just make sure you plant him UPSIDE DOWN FACING YOUR HOUSE!
You don't want to sell your neighbors house. lol
Put him in, then when house is sold and closing is done, go and fetch the little guy out the ground.

Here's what you do along with a prayer....
"Oh, St. Joseph, guardian of household needs, we know you don't like to be upside down in the ground, but the sooner escrow closes, the sooner we will dig you up and put you in a place of honor in our new home. Please bring us an acceptable offer (or any offer!) and help sustain our faith in the real estate market."

Custom dictates that once the house is sold, St. Joseph be dug up and put in a place of honor in the new home.

Maride 09-30-2009 06:24 AM

I am so desperate to sell my house I am willing to try. where do I find a St. Joseph statue? Where I live there is no place where I could even think of getting one. Back when I was in The Bronx there were many places. Please help!! Our buyer did so much damage when they backed out of the contract that at this point if I don't sell soon I will loose the house.

Maria

Joan 09-30-2009 06:43 AM

Been there done that......my DH retired and for two years we did the same thing. I was still working and he left to work on our "new" house every week and came home on the weekends. I loved my job but it was still very hard to be alone all week and just see him on the weekends.

Now, I have retired and we have moved. (new house still isn't completely done but we are living in it!!!!) And, I hate to say this, but our old house still is there. The housing market is so depressed in our area, we will probably rent it until it recovers. (like when is that going to happen....)

Hang in there!--Sending big hugs--keep busy and I hope the house sells soon :lol:

tlrnhi 09-30-2009 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
I am so desperate to sell my house I am willing to try. where do I find a St. Joseph statue? Where I live there is no place where I could even think of getting one. Back when I was in The Bronx there were many places. Please help!! Our buyer did so much damage when they backed out of the contract that at this point if I don't sell soon I will loose the house.

Maria

You can buy them online with kits or maybe if there is a Christian Store in your area. If there is a Cathedral close to you, most have a store with them that might have one or 2 in there.

littlehud 09-30-2009 05:44 PM

I had never heard of that. But, try anything if it helps. Hope the house sells soon. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way.