Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just have to share this story! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-have-share-story-t66719.html)

pab58 09-25-2010 12:15 PM

I was speaking with my neighbor today, and he told me of something really bizarre that happened to him earlier in the week. He went up north (about 3 hours north of here) to paint the exterior of his family's farm house. He had problems from the get-go. He had finished painting the primer on all four sides and then managed to put on two top coats on two sides of the house. A storm moved in and completely washed off all of the paint from one side of the house!! Poor thing! He was so mad -- there went $300 worth of paint literally down the drain!!

Now for the bizarre part of the story! He was on his way back to Redford and said that all the way home the lightning was so bright it was as if he were driving in daylight. Rain was coming down in sheets!! He was about an hour into his trip when he saw the most freekish thing he said he has ever seen -- FROGS all over I-75!! :shock: He said they covered the roadway! I joked and said it must have looked like the great plague, and he said, "I'll tell you what, it freeked me out!" His brother said that he has seen that happen several times in that area. The worst part was having to drive over them. YUCK!!! :thumbdown:

NikkiLu 09-25-2010 12:27 PM

Yuck! Several years ago, my DD and I were going to a craft fair in another town in the fall and there were so many caterpillars on the road that we thought that we would slide off! No storm then though.

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 01:04 PM

Gross!

ptquilts 09-25-2010 01:18 PM

sounds like a biblical plague!

martha jo 09-25-2010 01:24 PM

We had it rain frogs here in July. Have only seen it once before on the coast. The ones that survived are getting quite large now. Was told when the first incident happened that they are tadpoles that get picked up in the clouds and are dropped in certain storms. Don't know if it is true or not but have definitely seen it rain frogs twice in my life.

CarrieAnne 09-25-2010 04:45 PM

We have lots of bright green frogs here! One dropped on my head one night after dark, did I ever SCREAM! I threw it off my head INTO the house, of course. Neversaw the poor thing again....ew! I HOPE he somehow got out!

Jan in VA 09-25-2010 05:35 PM

OMG! OMG!! GROSS!!!!

My ex once came across a stretch of highway in Oklahoma that was covered in tarantulas on the move. SO glad I was not with him!! The dolt took a used McDs bag from the trunk, upended it over one of the creatures, tapped the bottom; the spider jumped up, he snatched it closed at the bottom (actually the top of he bag) and put the blankety-blank thing back into the trunk to bring home!

Another reason he is my ex, LOL!

Jan in VA (shivering as I type this! :shock: )

littlehud 09-25-2010 06:41 PM

I have never seen anything like that and hope I never do

amandasgramma 09-25-2010 07:49 PM

I've heard of that. I've seen the pavement covered with worms and grasshoppers. The funniest is seeing salmon swimming down the middle of the streets that are flooded...LOL

Boscobd 09-25-2010 08:00 PM

A couple of weeks ago, my DH and I were driving through NM on our way to WY and we drove through an area where the road was covered with grasshoppers. Boy, did our car smell like burning bugs when we stopped. It was so strange!