Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is it just me?....re Criminal Minds Season Premiere (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-me-re-criminal-minds-season-premiere-t201631.html)

Nanamoms 09-26-2012 09:13 PM

Is it just me?....re Criminal Minds Season Premiere

I thought it was kinda disjointed and adding the new person w/o really explaining why Emily left (which was left open in the season finale). It was written as if the whole group had taken the summer off and was just returning to work on a routine day.

Not so certain about new girl (woman?). Seems to conflict with Reid IMHO!

And why was Strause handing out the case folders?

So many questions...

LindaR 09-27-2012 05:33 AM

I only watch the reruns but saw that Emily had issues after being shot, how far behind am I?

Nanamoms 09-27-2012 08:26 AM

You're not too far behind. Season finale: JJ and Will got married. Rossi held the wedding at his home. Penelope's love interest (can't think of his name) actually dumped his date but not much was made of it. Hotch brought his new lady and he also introduced her to Jack. The ending scene was Emily talking about her life and uncertainty as to where she was headed. But it didn't explain much in the premiere.

sandybeach 09-27-2012 02:57 PM

Actually I believe Emily was offerred the head of the bureau in Paris??? or somewhere and had decided to accept.

Ginaky 09-27-2012 03:23 PM

Yes, Emily took a new job in Europe somewhere. And I thought they said the new gal was 24 but if she's 24 I must be 40 instead of 60! We'll just have to wait and see how it all works out--I can't say I was impressed.

Cindy60545 09-28-2012 03:36 AM

thanks for catching me up! I missed it!

Nanamoms 09-28-2012 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky (Post 5545488)
Yes, Emily took a new job in Europe somewhere. And I thought they said the new gal was 24 but if she's 24 I must be 40 instead of 60! We'll just have to wait and see how it all works out--I can't say I was impressed.

NO WAY!! She has to be late 30s at minimum!! She would jump in on top of anything Spencer tried to say.

Kath12 09-28-2012 05:39 AM

I missed it too! Thanks for the update

lillybeck 09-28-2012 05:47 AM

I too was rather confused. I did figure out that Emily must be in Europe but I do not recall this happening and I do not like that that woman handing out the files. I am not sure I like the new person.

MarLeClair 09-28-2012 05:52 AM

Nanamoms,
I too had the same questions. Not sure about the new girl. Maybe Strause got demoted. I don't take change well and I liked the same old characters. That show is my No. 1 to watch but it didn't hold my attention this week. Hope it gets better. Now I am getting into Revenge. I have netflix and am watching from the beginning to catch up.