Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just need to vent! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-need-vent-t76445.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 11-15-2010 05:35 AM

Glad the surgery is behind you and glad you vented. We all understand the frustration. Sending you hugs! :)

joan_quilts 11-15-2010 05:42 AM

Your family will understand. Right now, you have to take of you. Sending you hugs and a prayer for a full, speedy recovery.

Gatormom3 11-15-2010 05:46 AM

So sorry - I can feel your frustration. Why not take a picture of the quilts in progress and wrap that up with an IOU? I am certain everyone will be very understanding! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

plainpat 11-15-2010 06:43 AM

I so agree.....think we only have ourselves to blame, for making holidays crazy! Just think how much simpler holidays would be if the men were in charge of them! The very thought causes me to laugh.....

Originally Posted by Shelbie
This sounds like the perfect reason to simplify your Christmas. We did that many years ago when finances were particularly tight and have never gone back. Along with simplify, you need to delegate as you're just not able. While lovely huge quilted gifts are wonderful, Christmas will happen whether they are finished or not so just don't worry about them this year. Start some new traditons,- socks and gift cards? Your job should be to heal, nothing else. Make Christmas dinner pot luck and you only supply the beverages and buns. Seriously take it easy and get better.

Flying_V_Goddess 11-15-2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
I went to the Orthopedic doctor last week to get results from a MRI & xrays. He looks at me and says How flexible are you? Pretty good I answered. Surgery next week or the week after okay he asks? Sure I said...whatelse could I say. He turns to his Nurse & and to me and says...Good, I'll see you tomorrow morning at 7am! So I ended up having shoulder surgery on Tuesday last week, with no time to get prepared. Christmas is 6 weeks away and I'm in a sling for the next 10 days still, can't sew, quilt or bake. I have 2 kingsize quilts waiting to be finished, 1st is the nightmare of my daughter's and the other is a wedding gift for January. Sooooo frustrating! Thanks for listening folks...I just wanted to vent some frustration!!!

Can you quilt, sew, and bake once you get the sling off? If so, then you'd still have a whole month to get the Christmas quilt done. And if you can't get them done on time you can explain you were making something, but that surgery kept you from finishing on time. I'm sure they'll understand.

Ditter43 11-15-2010 07:07 AM

Time is the great healer and patience a virtue, Grasshopper. There is a lesson here to be learned. :lol: :D :D :D Hang in there!!

CarrieAnne 11-15-2010 07:19 AM

Hugs, and get well soon!

amandasgramma 11-15-2010 07:54 AM

Okay -- but where would you have been had you NOT had surgery? Would you have been able to do the quilting and baking??? Seems to me he gave you a choice!?!? Thankfully you were able to get fixed. Am sending you prayers for quick recovery.

IBQLTN 11-15-2010 08:57 AM

Look on the bright side ... you had probably already met your deductible for the year. That means ... more money to spend on fabric!

Jim's Gem 11-15-2010 11:29 AM

I sure hope you heal quickly. Last year I had my right shoulder repaired on the 7th of November. I was in a sling for 6 weeks, off work for 10. Make sure you follow your Dr's instructions.
I have been still having pain in mine, one year later. Just got back from the Ortho after another MRI. I have thickening of the tendon and some atrophy going on. No surgery at least but it still hurts doing certain movements!!!