Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just Returned from Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-returned-texas-t43241.html)

Carole3450 04-19-2010 11:37 AM

Just got home from a family wedding in Buda, Texas. The wedding was very nice and it was great seeing family from VA and TN. It rained from the moment I landed in TX until I left.
Its always great to be home again.

craftybear 04-19-2010 11:40 AM

welcome back home, now you can start Quilting!

Originally Posted by Carole3450
Just got home from a family wedding in Buda, Texas. The wedding was very nice and it was great seeing family from VA and TN. It rained from the moment I landed in TX until I left.

sharon b 04-19-2010 11:50 AM

Welcome back !

But the next question is... did you get to any quilts stores ????

LeslieSkelly 04-19-2010 02:36 PM

Did you get to do any of the shop hop that I sent you a link for? I hope so. I purchased fat quarters to make a scrappy CW quilt. I got to go to seven of ten quilt shops with my quilt group. We had lots of fun. :-D :-D :-D

littlehud 04-20-2010 07:49 AM

Welcome home. It's always fun to travel and even more fun to come home.

Mousie 04-20-2010 08:44 AM

welcome back Carole, and your purty furbaby :wink:

Carole3450 04-20-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieSkelly
Did you get to do any of the shop hop that I sent you a link for? I hope so. I purchased fat quarters to make a scrappy CW quilt. I got to go to seven of ten quilt shops with my quilt group. We had lots of fun. :-D :-D :-D

I was able to get to B and B Quilting only. I didn't realize before I went that I was helping set up and decorating for the rehersal dinner. I spent more time in Hobby Lobby than quilting stores....LOL However, I was happy to help out.

susie0808 04-21-2010 03:31 PM

I bookmarked your link. I'm heading to texas next week to meet my dh. He's there on business so I'm going for an extended weekend. And I need shops to visit! Thanks for posting!

mom-6 04-21-2010 06:22 PM

Susie - what part of Texas will you be visiting?

susie0808 04-23-2010 03:17 AM

I will be in Austin and San Antonio (alamo) . I googled shops in those towns and there were a few. So if there are any special shops you recommend that would be great. Thanks

Originally Posted by mom-6
Susie - what part of Texas will you be visiting?

:thumbup: